Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-30-2015, 10:27 AM   #1
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quick Screen Refresh?

This used to work in previous firmware versions, and I thought I read that it was possibly reintroduced in 3.1X. Does anyone know if in fact this feature is still active? I can't seem to get it to work on my Aura H2O (3.17.3).

HOW TO QUICKLY REFRESH THE SCREEN:
... just double-touch the center area.

93terp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 10:57 AM   #2
eenk
*carrier lost*
eenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Forma, H2O v1, Aura HD
It's still in 3.17.3 firmware on the H2O: tap once somewhere in the middle so that the menu appears. Tap again to dismiss the menu and to refresh the screen.
eenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:53 PM   #3
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenk View Post
It's still in 3.17.3 firmware on the H2O: tap once somewhere in the middle so that the menu appears. Tap again to dismiss the menu and to refresh the screen.
Thanks eenk. I seem to remember when this was first introduced that the refresh was a result of a "quick" double tap; while the steps you mentioned do result in a refresh, they do require a somewhat more precise, "slower" approach. More than one way to skin the cat, and it works, so I'm good!
Old 08-30-2015, 05:56 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Thanks eenk. I seem to remember when this was first introduced that the refresh was a result of a "quick" double tap; while the steps you mentioned do result in a refresh, they do require a somewhat more precise, "slower" approach. More than one way to skin the cat, and it works, so I'm good!
With firmware 3.17.0 and 3.17.3, a quick double tap in the middle of the screen does perform a screen refresh.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 09:04 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
It was never a double tap. It was always a tap to display the menu and another to hide it. That might have happened quickly enough that you didn't see the menu, but that is the way it worked.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:40 PM   #6
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It was never a double tap. It was always a tap to display the menu and another to hide it. That might have happened quickly enough that you didn't see the menu, but that is the way it worked.

Thanks for clarifying. I misunderstood the true nature of the "double tap".