Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #1
elbe00
elbe00 began at the beginning.

Device: ipaq 211
ISBNdb.com API Key Notification

After adding 50 or so books and correcting the data I get an email from ISBNdb.com saying that I am running out of API keys. This has only happened since Calibre 0.9.x.ISBNdb says that calibre must be making multiple requests for each book. Is there a way to correct this? I used to be able to process over 200 without any problem. Is anyone else having this problem?
elbe00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:45 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbe00 View Post
After adding 50 or so books and correcting the data I get an email from ISBNdb.com saying that I am running out of API keys. This has only happened since Calibre 0.9.x.ISBNdb says that calibre must be making multiple requests for each book. Is there a way to correct this? I used to be able to process over 200 without any problem. Is anyone else having this problem?
Yes, now that you mention it. I wondered about that a bit. I don't know in what version it began, though. It looks like about 4 ISBNdb requests are done for each metadata download.

Perhaps I should fire up Wireshark and take a look...
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:56 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC between 1 and 2 queries are made per book. Two if the initial query with isbn fails, then a query with only title and author is made.

And per query if there is more than one page of results, a query has to be made for every page > 1 (upto 10 pages). Presumably isbndb started counting pagination queries as separate queries.

The ISBNdb plugin was last changed in June 2012.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c...rces/isbndb.py

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 01-17-2013 at 03:59 AM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote