Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #3376
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@tees42: KUAL > USBNetwork > Show version (or whatever, it's the first button ;p).

Make sure you're connecting as root, and not your current user, which is what ssh <ip> does. (i.e., do ssh root@1.2.3.4, not ssh 1.2.3.4, which would actually try to connect as you@1.2.3.4, which is bad, unless you're doing this as root, which would also be bad ;p).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #3377
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tees42 View Post

2 I fired up usbnet and did the sudo ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.1 bit and then ssh 192.168.2.2.

- - - -
Correct **ONLY** if your current username is 'root' (which is an evil no-no), otherwise:
ssh root@192.168.2.2

Try reading my multi-thread ssh how-to for other details.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #3378
tees42
tees42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
knc1: Yes, I spotted that this morning when I got up. It just goes to show that you should do no work on a rest-day! As a result it now works so I can say thanks to you and NiLuJe for helping me to get this sorted out. I shall now hop over to a duokan thread to try to find out why I can't install it to my Kindle. Perhaps I'll "see" you there.
tees42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:29 PM   #3379
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tees42 View Post
knc1: Yes, I spotted that this morning when I got up. It just goes to show that you should do no work on a rest-day! As a result it now works so I can say thanks to you and NiLuJe for helping me to get this sorted out. I shall now hop over to a duokan thread to try to find out why I can't install it to my Kindle. Perhaps I'll "see" you there.
Dorkian on a K3?
Well, at one time, it would have been because the Mobileread Jailbreak was already installed.
Might still be that way for all I know.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #3380
tees42
tees42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Yes, that is the problem. I assume that now I have it installed I can re-install Jailbreak.
tees42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2014, 10:20 PM   #3381
rockiecxh
rockiecxh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G/WIFI
Hi NiLuJe,

Thanks for your great hacks!
But I am facing a issue on my Flashed 3.2.1 Kindle DXG. The linkjail doesn't exist after I installed the the jailbreak. Is there any impact? like whitelist not exist.
And what should I do to fix this?

Thanks a million,
Rockie
rockiecxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:56 PM   #3382
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@rockiecxh: IIRC, you shouldn't have to jailbreak a frankensteined DXG-on-3.x, the JB is part of the deal. Beyond that, here be dragons.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:11 AM   #3383
rockiecxh
rockiecxh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G/WIFI
I'm currently using Launchpad to call a script to change to new hack font. but I need to copy over all the font files into linkfonts/fonts. The copying costs a lot of time.

I saw the linkfonts shell script, and found that you are using mount --bind to link the whole fonts folder. I cannot easily mount to another folder, because all the other font files are needed, not only the ones I wanted to change.
Is there any easy way to change font?
rockiecxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:54 AM   #3384
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockiecxh View Post
I'm currently using Launchpad to call a script to change to new hack font. but I need to copy over all the font files into linkfonts/fonts. The copying costs a lot of time.

I saw the linkfonts shell script, and found that you are using mount --bind to link the whole fonts folder. I cannot easily mount to another folder, because all the other font files are needed, not only the ones I wanted to change.
Is there any easy way to change font?
Sure - read the man(ual) page on mount and its --bind option.

Linux allows you to "mount --bind" individual files.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #3385
bminata
Connoisseur
bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.bminata got an A in P-Chem.

Device: KPW, KFHD, K3, K2, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@bminata: Yes, you're not in cover mode. I'd suggest doing the config through the KUAL extension .
Thank you! It works now!

bminata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:38 PM   #3386
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@bug_me_not: Check the wiki to get the right nickname for your device.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #3387
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
usbNet makes the brower freeze, is this expected/known or unfixable/unknown?

Edit: ***usbNet on freezes it***
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #3388
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Glorfindel: Err, what?
Old 09-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #3389
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
usbNet makes the brower freeze, is this expected/known or unfixable/unknown?

Edit: ***usbNet on freezes it***
Try accessing a site by IP address rather than Domain Name -
Just to see if it is a DNS problem.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:41 PM   #3390
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
@knc1: I can't, as I should have stated it freezes my kindle when I try to open the browser. turning usbNetwork off from kual fixes, but sometimes I forget to turn it off before trying to open the browser and have to hard restart. Sorry for being unclear
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet