Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-12-2010, 05:27 AM   #1
four0six
four0six began at the beginning.

Device: none
More than one eReader device at once?

Hi,

I'm new to the whole eReader/eBook/Calibre game. I was hoping someone could tell me if Calibre is limited to only one eReader device, or if I could have both my Kindle and my Nook associated with it?

Thanks
four0six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:29 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by four0six View Post
Hi,

I'm new to the whole eReader/eBook/Calibre game. I was hoping someone could tell me if Calibre is limited to only one eReader device, or if I could have both my Kindle and my Nook associated with it?

Thanks
I'm using 3 readers with my Calibre!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 05:40 AM   #3
four0six

Could you please explain how to set that up? Thanks!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:06 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Nothing special just plug them in as required!

You can only have one plugged in at any point in time as far as I know. However I was assuming you meant with the same Calibre library - not plugged in simultaneously.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:06 AM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
You can use as many readers as you want. You just can't have them all plugged in at the same time. The device profile does not affect device detection. Plug in your Kindle, eject it, then plug in your nook. You won't have any problems this way.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 06:21 AM   #6
four0six

Thanks, wasn't sure. The start up wizard asks for a "default" device, and says it "optimizes" for that device.

So, I guess I can just plug whatever one I want in at a time, and sync away?
Old 01-12-2010, 06:25 AM   #7
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by four0six View Post
Thanks, wasn't sure. The start up wizard asks for a "default" device, and says it "optimizes" for that device.

So, I guess I can just plug whatever one I want in at a time, and sync away?
Correct. The profiles add some fine tuning for your device. You can either use the default profile which doesn't tune anything. Or you can change the profile when you convert if you need something specific done. Comics for example.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #8
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Correct. The profiles add some fine tuning for your device. You can either use the default profile which doesn't tune anything. Or you can change the profile when you convert if you need something specific done. Comics for example.
If this is the case, is there a way to reset this and choose a different default profile? I am using Calibre right now with my Sony and will be getting a Kindle this week. I want the settings to be optimized for the Kindle.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:55 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Click the arrow next to the preferences button and re run the welcome wizard
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:10 PM   #10
user_none

You can also change the profile in: Preference, Conversion, Page Setup.