Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
WPotocki
Connoisseur
WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wink Horror for the Holidays? The White Lady Murders and The Horns of September only $1

Hi everyone -

Want to treat yourself to some horror for the holidays? My two novels might fit the bill. They're priced right at $1 and available through Kindle at amazon.com. So get some nice hot chocolate, curl up before a roaring fire and get ready to have the bejeezus scared out of you!

A short synopsis of both follow:

The White Lady Murders
http://www.amazon.com/The-White-Lady...4A/ref=ed_oe_k

In a Malibu beach house, David Lynx struggles with writing with his latest tour de force – a book on magic. It’s a subject he knows nothing about. In a desperate attempt to understand, he decides to perform an ancient ritual not realizing that he will unwittingly open a door for a forty-year-old unsolved murder spree to start all over again.

While The White Lady Murders is immersed in the supernatural, fans desiring a solid murder mystery will not be disappointed. At its core, The White Lady Murders offers an action-packed detective story replete with a hard-boiled, hard-nosed police officer named Robert Moran leading the charge. Moran is a veteran police officer who vividly remembers the original murders that occurred during The Summer of Blood. The string of vicious crimes terrorized the city and held its residents captive in the killer's steely grip. No one felt safe and now Moran desperately races to solve the mystery of who or what is behind the new wave of brutal killings to prevent The White Lady Murders from beginning again.

This novel will keep you guessing right up to the very end.

WARNING: This novel contains very (and I mean very) graphic sex and violence. It'll add sizzle to your Holiday season without you having to light a fire - it'll light one for you ... and stuff your stocking to boot!

It's not for the faint of heart, but well worth the read provided you can handle it! The White Lady Murders hit #1 in Horror>Erotic and is currently ranked #4 in Horror > Erotic and #10 in Horror > Occult. It is definitely finding its audience and has quite a cult following.

=================

The Horns of September
http://www.amazon.com/The-Horns-of-S...=AG56TWVU5XWC2

Date: September 1961
Place: Longview, South Carolina
Nickname: Shucktown
Unofficial Motto: Someone is always shuckin’ something in Shucktown

Dilemma: All is not right in Shucktown. Just ask Chuck Beckett. He’s young, in love and readying his group to audition for Motown Records. He’s sure his will be the first interracial group signed by the emerging recording giant. He should be on top of the world, but he’s not. For despite living out his dreams, Chuck feels as if he’s headed for certain disaster. Repressed memories have begun to surface in the form of dark, paralyzing depressions. These debilitating episodes convince him of one thing – that he is soon about to die. Chuck tries his best to shake it off as so much teenage angst. He finds it increasingly difficult to do so after the good friend who warns him about “the devils in Shucktown,” winds up murdered. Her death is the catalyst that leads Chuck Beckett to step out of his comfort zone to confront cabals, demons, monsters knitted out of darkness and all the horrors that arise from the curse known as The Horns of September.

--------------

This is my newest novel. It is a dramatic departure from my first. It is a slow, suspenseful psychological horror/thriller. It's a throwback to the novels of the 70s and 80s. Some of my favorite horror classics were written in this time period and I hope my offering does the same for you!

Did I mention that it contains the mother of all conspiracy theories? Well, it does!

This is one of those novels that you can savor and I'm hoping you give it a try.

Happy Holidays!!!

Wendy
Old 12-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
rft183
rft183 began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus 7
Are these books available in anything besides Kindle? They sound really interesting...
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
WPotocki
Connoisseur
WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

rft183 -

Thank you!

And, yes, they are available in paperback and are also on Smashwords in all formats available.

Here's the link on Smashwords to The White Lady Murders

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7343

and The Horns of September

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7345

They're also priced at $1 through the end of this month. After that, I'm not sure, but the price is definitely good through December 31st.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
rft183

I decided to buy both of them from Smashwords. I'm looking forward to reading them! Thanks!
Old 12-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
WPotocki
Connoisseur

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rft183 View Post
I decided to buy both of them from Smashwords. I'm looking forward to reading them! Thanks!

rft -

Well, thank you so much!

I certainly hope you enjoy them and can't wait to hear your feedback.

They are very different reads. I write each book as it comes to me - and that means changing the pacing and writing style to suit the story and characters.

Thank you again and I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Wendy
Advert
Old 01-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #6
rft183

Well, I finished "The White Lady Murders". At first it seemed a little rough around the edges. But the story is very good, and pulls you in. All in all, I really enjoyed it. Thank you for letting me know about it!
Old 01-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #7
WPotocki
Connoisseur

rft183 -

Whew! Well, I'm glad you ultimately enjoyed it. Had me worried there!

And thank you so much for the feedback. I appreciate that you took the time out of your day to not only read the book, but to post some comments about it.

Wendy
Old 01-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #8
rft183

I should probably explain so that I don't scare anyone off of it, but I think some of the "roughness" was intentional. It really was a good book.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:11 PM   #9
WPotocki
Connoisseur

rft183 -

Thank you for explaining that and, yes, you're right. It was intentional.

I have my fingers crossed that you like the next one just as much.

And you're very welcome!

Wendy
Closed Thread

Tags
bargain, horror, mystery, suspense, thriller