Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #361
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Great to hear Terisa. If you want test what you have done, you can send me the .mo file and I'll send the updated plugin back. Or add it as "sp.mo" into the translations directory of the plugin zip file.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #362
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Would it be sp.mo? I thought it should be es.mo.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #363
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
the conversion to kepubs while transfering doesn't work anymore

I just noticed that all books transferred to my Aura HD since sometime on November 21st are plain epubs. So I unchecked the silent button, and here is the diagnostic

Spoiler:
calibre, version 1.12.0
ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication avec l'appareil connecté

Échec de l'analyse de 'Lightning Rod' par 'Demont, Vaughn R.' avec l'erreur : '' (fichier: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, ligne : 120)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 561, in _upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 276, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1888, in upload_books
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 220, in _modify_epub
InvalidEPub: Échec de l'analyse de 'Lightning Rod' par 'Demont, Vaughn R.' avec l'erreur : '' (fichier: calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container, ligne : 120)

I have been polishing old books, so that concerns some 26 epubs (old and new), most of which I've read as kepubs on my reader, prior to deciding they needed polishing, so deleting them from the reader.

I didn't modify the plugin parameters after the last upgrade but I went to see whether they were modified, but it doesn't look like it.

I have the last of everything, and sideloaded the 3.0.0 F/W.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #364
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Would it be sp.mo? I thought it should be es.mo.
Yes of course it should be. I should have checked.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:13 AM   #365
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'm already checking it, thank you, I didn't know how to do it (the check).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #366
dcamp
dcamp began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
I have organized my books in shelves with series information.
Why the function Order Series Shelves don't show my shelves and the Windows is White?
My device in KOBO GLO firmware 3.0.1.
Thankyou.
Diego
Italy
dcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #367
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

The series ordering looks for shelves with the same name as the series. If they don't match exactly, then they are not considered to be series shelves. And the series information must be on the book in the device database. If the series

How do you create the shelves? Via the KoboTouch driver? And do you have the "Set Series information" option checked?
Old 11-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #368
tlaine
Zealot
tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Mini; Kindle PW2
Hi David ... I'm receiving the following error upon trying to compress the database. I`ve tried both Aura and Mini with same result. Thanks.

calibre 1.13 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1024, in vacuum_device_database
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for /: 'str' and 'int'
tlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:47 PM   #369
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I should have looked here before posting in the other thread...

The error happens after the compression has been done. And will only happen if it is successful. Thanks for the report.

I have fixed the problem and posted the update. There are no other changes in it.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #370
Nicolafred
Nicolafred began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Wondering if you can help. Someone suggested I use the plugin to fix the below problem, but I'm already using the plugin as far as I'm aware and looking for some further direction. Thank you in advance.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=228164

I have a feeling I can't do what I want to do as I don't want my series named the same as my shelves. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Nicolafred; 12-01-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Nicolafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #371
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
David, I have two books stored in the Kobo Cloud (on the Kobo desktop). Now, those books appear on the start screen of the reader in a special tile ("In the Cloud"). I s there a way to dismiss that tile?
Thanks!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #372
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Not at the moment, and I'm not sure I can do it. I added the code and started testing. The dismiss worked properly from the plugin, but the trigger didn't work.

The problem is that the trigger runs based on changes to a table. But, when the book is removed and changes to "in the cloud", this table isn't always changed. This means that there are circumstances where the trigger won't be run. I will have to see if there is another way to do it.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:17 AM   #373
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
I understand. Just have been wondering why right this tile didn't show on the list of dismissible ones. Thank you!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #374
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta of plugin - Automatic Store

For a while, I have been promising to add automatic storing of reading positions. Finally, here it is!

In this version, there is an option to enable a store of the reading position to be run when the device is connected. A background job is run to get the reading position for all books on the device. To enable this job, there is a new option on the plugins configuration dialog. Selecting this, will enable the job the next time the device is connected. There is also an option to show a confirmation prompt before updating the library.

The way this works is:

- When a Kobo ereader is detected, calibre runs jobs to find the books on the device.
- After the books have been found, a job is created for all books on the device to retrieve the reading positions.
- When the device jobs have finished, the reading position job is started.
- When the reading position job has finished, the library is updated with the reading positions.

There are some rules for the store:

- If the book on the device has not been opened, the reading status will not be stored. This is to prevent overwriting the reading status in the library after a factory reset.
- The library is only updated if there is a difference between the position on the book and the library. This is a change from earlier versions where the library was always updated.
- If the rating has not been set on the device, the rating in the library will not be changed.

If you decide to try the automatic store, I recommend keeping the confirmation option set. This will allow you to review the number of changes that will be made and reject them if you think there are to many.

If anyone tries this, please tell me how it goes. I have tested it for the last couple of weeks and have another tester who didn't see any problems. I believe it is safe.

As well as the automatic storing, there are some other changes in this version:

- When storing the reading position, the library is changed only if the current reading position and the stored position have changed. This change is for both the background job and the foreground store. This will reduce the time taken for the store.

- Progress bars have been added when creating the background store job and updating the library.

- Dismissing the "In the cloud" tiles has been added. But, this doesn't work well if added to the database trigger. The reason for this is the way the tiles are created. I am still looking at this to improve how it works.

Unless any problems are found, I plan to release this at the weekend. Please report any problems here so that I can look at them. If it works properly, it would be nice to hear as well
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities.zip (120.9 KB, 253 views)

Last edited by davidfor; 08-31-2017 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Removed beta
Old 12-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #375
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
When I get him will upgrade from the test version to this one and see how it goes.

To lurkers, the autostore is great. Looking at my personal workflow about the only extra thing would be the option to force the refresh books on device option after the auto store. In my case this would then force the reshelving of books to the Reading and Finished shelves based on the reading pct. (I only just thought of this.....)
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities