Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Emrexcem
Turkish :)
Emrexcem began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch (5.03)
Kindle Touch 5.0.4 back up needed

Can anyone give a back up of kindle touch? i realy nead it becuse i cant up-todate to 5.1.0 can someone help ? please . FYİ i take 006 eror when installing it.
Emrexcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Combine http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/kindle/touch/forensic/ with
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=365 .This gives you 5.0.0.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #3
Emrexcem

stupid question but , how can i install mmc2 partiton with ssh?( fastboot i dont have a fastboot yet, what should i have to do to apply it? i have win 7 64 bit.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #4
Emrexcem

and there is no ssh diags for 5.0.0 ?
Old 04-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Emrexcem, you will have to go the hard way and read through the postings ixtab provided the links to. For me and some others it was the same. Everything is exlpained in detail and it can be done.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Everything is exlpained in detail and it can be done.
Actually, ixtab's link is to a simple step-by-step recipe, which assumes that you already understand the details.

For a more complete description of the general process, with download links for all required tools and resources, go here:

geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
Emrexcem

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Actually, ixtab's link is to a simple step-by-step recipe, which assumes that you already understand the details.

For a more complete description of the general process, with download links for all required tools and resources, go here:

İ actually İnstalled the mmc partiton (with ssh) but i dont know how can i do ssh connection over USB ? can u explain me step my step ? for example : Program,
Driver ,OS, 64 or 32 bit.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #8
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrexcem View Post
İ actually İnstalled the mmc partiton (with ssh) but i dont know how can i do ssh connection over USB ? can u explain me step my step ? for example : Program,
Driver ,OS, 64 or 32 bit.
To get the USBnetwork working on your PC, you must manually assign IP address 192.168.15.201 to your kindle (RNDIS) USB network device. On windows, use PuTTY (a free download) for an SSH client.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:56 AM   #9
Emrexcem

Quote:
To get the USBnetwork working on your PC, you must manually assign IP address 192.168.15.201 to your kindle (RNDIS) USB network device. On windows, use PuTTY (a free download) for an SSH client.
How can i assign a manual ip adress ?>> control panel >> network settings >> right click >> adapter settings >> Finally ip4 settings , but its NOT working ! should i use another think.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
How can i assign a manual ip adress ?>> control panel >> network settings >> right click >> adapter settings >> Finally ip4 settings , but its NOT working ! should i use another think.
"NOT working"
A bit more descriptive a trouble report would help answering your question.

Let me guess at it anyway...

You don't see the USB network adapter to assign an address to...
Bring up the Kindle end of USB networking - your OS can't discover what isn't there.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #11
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
"NOT working"
A bit more descriptive a trouble report would help answering your question.

Let me guess at it anyway...

You don't see the USB network adapter to assign an address to...
Bring up the Kindle end of USB networking - your OS can't discover what isn't there.
Also, after activating USBnetwork on the kindle, you may have to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable so that windows can see a USB plug-in event. The connector at the kindle side of the USB cable is rated for MANY more insertions and removals than the standard USB plug at the PC side, so remove and reinsert the USB cable from the kindle (which is easier too).

Right-click "My Network Places", and select Properties. Right-click the network device that has "USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget" in the "Devices" column, and select Properties. Scroll down to "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" (at the bottom of the list), and double-click it. Click "Use the following IP address:", and type 192.168.15.201 in the IP address field. Click OK. Click OK.

Note that things can get messy if you have connected more than one kindle (K4 and/or K5) using the same IP address, so if you do not need advanced Diagnostic features like nfs, try a different IP address like 192.168.15.202, if you get an "already assigned to another adapter" error message.

NOTE TO DEVELOPERS: Here is a useful link to provide when responding to "hand-holding" questions: http://mattgemmell.com/2008/12/08/what-have-you-tried/

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-30-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #12
Emrexcem

Quote:
Also, after activating USBnetwork on the kindle, you may have to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable so that windows can see a USB plug-in event. The connector at the kindle side of the USB cable is rated for MANY more insertions and removals than the standard USB plug at the PC side, so remove and reinsert the USB cable from the kindle (which is easier too).

@Emrexcem: It appears that you are requesting "hand holding" here. Okay, so you want to burn more of my time and effort with no compensation, right? This falls into the class of questions that deserves a simple "What have you tried?" response, but I am feeling generous (like always, despite the cost to myself).

Right-click "My Network Places", and select Properties. Right-click the network device that has "USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget" in the "Devices" column, and select Properties. Scroll down to "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" (at the bottom of the list), and double-click it. Click "Use the following IP address:", and type 192.168.15.201 in the IP address field. Click OK. Click OK.

Note that things can get messy if you have connected more than one kindle (K4 and/or K5) using the same IP address, so if you do not need advanced Diagnostic features like nfs, try a different IP address like 192.168.15.202, if you get an "already assigned to another adapter" error message.

İ did the same think that u did . But i realized Avast has been blocked the way to usb net (i play WoW so i disabled avast eror messages) now i closed sandbox , and it might work.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #13
geekmaster

Quote:
İ did the same think that u did . But i realized Avast has been blocked the way to usb net (i play WoW so i disabled avast eror messages) now i closed sandbox , and it might work.
Sorry about being harsh. I revised my post to be a bit more gentle, before I saw your post. Yes, some of those antivirus and security programs can get in the way now and then... Did it help to disable it?

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-30-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #14
Emrexcem

At first i used this driver >> http://goo.gl/VP6t4 (i didnt realized that avast has been blocking my way so i installed http://goo.gl/EUyAI this and now i unistalled both which one should i use?
Old 04-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #15
geekmaster

Quote:
At first i used this driver >> http://goo.gl/VP6t4 (i didnt realized that avast has been blocking my way so i installed http://goo.gl/EUyAI this and now i unistalled both which one should i use?
In my case, Windows XP detected and installed ITS OWN driver for RNDIS. I did not download or install anything. Perhaps what you installed damaged the built-in driver settings...

You should probably do as DiapDealer did, and if that did not work try the other one. Or go get the original from Microsoft (install device driver from windows update).