Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Classic, WiFi Nook Battery Life

Hi. I was wondering how long a Nook's power would last w/o recharging. I might be at a cabin in the wilderness w/o power for a week this summer and it might be nice to bring a Nook, if I get one. I'm still looking into it but definitely leaning Nook.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
Enigma75
Enigma75 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Classic
I generally read 3-4 hours a day...give or take...and I seem to be charging mine about every 2-3 days. You might want to invest in one of those USB car charger dodads.
Enigma75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Mine just used to last about 5 days, maybe 6 as much. Wifi off and firmware 1.5.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
You might look into getting an extra battery too.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
merlin5353
Trying to sort it out...
merlin5353 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Nook classic, Eee PC
They make a separate rechargeable 'battery' pack you can use to recharge your cell phone, MP3, NOOK, etc. I bought one a couple of years ago for camping trips and it has worked great for me. Also got them for my adult kids, who like to go hiking and camping. You can get many brands. Even available at Home Depot. Good Luck!
merlin5353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billjr13 View Post
You might look into getting an extra battery too.
that's a great idea, they are fairly cheap $25 and under.

Ironically this is the cheapest place to buy them

http://www.amazon.com/Batteries-Repl...0826956&sr=8-3

but to answer your question anywhere from 5-8 days depending.

Last edited by boswd; 03-22-2011 at 04:52 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote