Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 05:56 AM   #1
spartanos
spartanos began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad - Irex DR-1000
iRex DR-1000 stuck while starting

Hello everybody.
I have a problem with my Irex DR-1000. Yesterday I put it in charge, it started to boot and in the first screen (only Irex is shown) it stuck. There is no way to reboot. The battery has no charge.
Some weeks ago I had the same problem and I remember that in a forum (IRexforums?) I found a solution, but I cant remember. I have tried reset button and reset button during 60 seconds. The device has the last firmware instaled.
Thanks everybody in advance
spartanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:08 AM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
It seems that the battery is empty. Normally charging for one hour and then starting (the 'normal' way or with a reset) should work. It also seems that sometimes when the DR is completely empty and you charge until it is completely full it can also show some startup problems. The solution for the last problem is probably to leave the DR for a few days so the battery can discharge a little and try again.
Please let us now if you succeed (and how you did it, so we can all learn something).
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
spartanos
spartanos began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad - Irex DR-1000
Thanks very much, Mackx. You were right. Probably the battery was empty.
Firstly, wen the device was empty the light turned red everytime I tried to charged it and no button responded.
After reading the message of Mackx I left it attached for more time and, after 20 minutes, the light started blinking (green), the e-book started and now it is charging normally.
Thanks
spartanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
Gwaihir
The Windlord
Gwaihir began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, BeBook Club S
The light remains red for as long as the battery's charge is below some minimum threshold. It doesn't mean that it isn't charging. Once it reaches that threshold it will boot automatically - at least, mine does.
Gwaihir is offline   Reply With Quote