Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 05-25-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Stone, Leslie F.: Men with Wings. v1. 25 May 07

Men with wings. Dames in distress being kidnapped. Airplanes fighting crazy flying men. Seriously, how could I pass this up?!

Ok, so this is a strange one. I've only read the first two chapters so far, but it was such a fun read that I wanted to paint a cover and post the book. I also included the two very awesome original illustrations that came with the story. It's short story by Leslie F. Stone and was published in 1922.

Here's the summary from the beginning of the story:
"THE present story is quite an extraordinary one, and aside from adventure, suspense and interest, it contains excellent science.
A well-known evolutionist once said that if it were absolutely necessary for humanity to have four arms and hands instead of two, the extra members would in time be evolved. Nature always keeps pace with necessity, particularly if this necessity is vital. Once a member is no longer vital, it promptly is discarded, such as for instance, tails in human beings. It may not be known generally, that among the human family, there are so-called "throw backs," which still have a prehensile tail.
The author has made use in this tale of an evolution of a most remarkable character and carries the reader on from chapter to chapter with never ending suspense."

Enjoy!

Last edited by tsgreer; 05-25-2007 at 11:00 PM.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote