View Poll Results: Describe your gender
Definitely male 50 78.13%
Rather Truly female 14 21.88%
Still undecided 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2007, 04:54 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Poll: Female or male Sony Reader user?

I think it's time for some irrelevant demographics:

How many of you are male, how many are female Sony Reader users? For the unsure I added an "undecided" vote to the poll...
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:23 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
How do you tell if your Sony Reader is male or female?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2007, 05:29 AM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
Heh, that should be asked in another poll Now, given that it has female connectors...
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #4
airlik
Connoisseur
airlik began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
And will the results reflect gadget users in general? MobileRead users in general?
airlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:19 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Good question. I wouldn't know, for I am not a demographics profiler
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2007, 09:35 AM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
  • Definitely Male
  • Rather female
Sounds a little chauvinistic, don't you think.
/signed/ Definitely Male
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:28 AM   #7
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Funny Harry!!!! <G>

Oh I am definetly a female....... ... LQQKS like the females are outranked over here.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:34 AM   #8
NormB
Definately Senior
NormB began at the beginning.

Device: eBookman,Dell Axim,PRS-500
Keep It PG

A while back I went with my son and grand daughter to Radio Shack to get a cable needed to complete the setup of her new computer. On the way home the grand daughter was looking over the package and asked "Dad, why do they call this a Male connector?" Long pause........
NormB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:38 AM   #9
Lisana
GadgetGirl
Lisana began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader / eBookman (currently misplaced)
I think we're a little bit outnumbered here.

Definitely female.
Lisana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:48 PM   #10
Turtle Woman
Enthusiast
Turtle Woman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Another definite female here. This is a very male blog, but courteous to females, I think. Especially females who like to read and like gadgets, like us!
Turtle Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:52 PM   #11
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Yep, the guys are very nice around here. Everyone is nice around here. I have no complaints.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Thumbs up

Hey, now, we try to be nice to the guys too -- we're not just singling you ladies out for good treatment.

Seriously, though, this is the first forum I've participated in that I've stayed for more than a few weeks (almost a year now, how time flies!). I've found the denizens of most web forums to be rather harsh and impolite, and decided that I don't need to go online to get that sort of treatment, I can just walk down the street! I think it probably has to do with anonymity reducing the already thinning "common" courtesy of our society -- if nobody knows who you really are then they don't know that it's you who's being a jerk.

What struck me about M.R. from the beginning is how considerate everybody is around here. There's lots of disagreement and discussion, sure -- some of it quite spirited -- but for the most part, it's refreshingly respectful.

That, of course, starts with Alexander, since he set the place up, and largely sets the tone for it, and the Editors (like Bob -- there several others ) do a lot to support it, but it really comes down to the folks who hang around here. It wouldn't be a respectful, healthy discussion and information sharing venue if the community at large wasn't interested in keeping it that way. So kudos to the lot of you. That's what I want to say: good show.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Thank you Nat for the nice words. Mobileread wouldn't be any fun without all you guys!

Btw, my girlfriend is an avid Sony Reader fan, too - I need to ask her to take her vote here.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #14
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Very funny. Quick wit!

Reminds me of the query of how to tell a male chromosome from a female one.

You just pull down their genes and look.

I'm a male user.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I was going to ask what you used them for, but I thought better of it.

Last edited by NatCh; 01-12-2007 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Hey, post #1,900!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote