Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-02-2015, 12:24 PM   #1
Camelot
Connoisseur
Camelot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Converted DOCX align Bug

When converting to DOCX, some center/right aligned text in LibreOffice are left align but not in Apache OpenOffice 4.

Can confirmed this?

I attached a little test case epub.

edit: update epub

changed thread title
Attached Files
File Type: epub DOCX align Bug.epub (2.4 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-03-2015 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Moderator change thread title
Camelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Dont convert to RTF, convert to docx.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2015, 01:20 PM   #3
Camelot
Connoisseur

Ok but converting to DOCX, some center/right aligned text in LibreOffice are left align but not in Apache OpenOffice 4.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	docxbug.png
Views:	167
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	140715  
Old 08-02-2015, 06:13 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Ok but converting to DOCX, some center/right aligned text in LibreOffice are left align but not in Apache OpenOffice 4.
@Camelot - if you post the two DOCX's in a zip I'll have a look at in Word

If Word shows the same difference then that would imply the problem is with LO - which would be a bit of a surprise.

Silly question - I assume you do the aligning in the same way in both LO and AO - ie either via Paragraph Formatting or via Document Styling?

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-02-2015 at 06:19 PM. Reason: wrong assumption
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:44 AM   #5
Camelot
Connoisseur

@BetterRed — the screenshot are from converted DOCX only opened with LO/AOO without saved.

And i have not MS Word i use Linux.
I think MS Word shows the same align as AOO (LO bug?).

With the DOCX—formerly RTF—i will saved this as *.odf then with LO & writer2epub i generate a clean epub—with correct align text…

I attached my converted DOCX without saved from LO/AOO.

Sorry for my english.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DOCX align Bug.docx.zip (4.5 KB, 122 views)
Advert
Old 08-03-2015, 07:43 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@BetterRed — the screenshot are from converted DOCX only opened with LO/AOO without saved.

And i have not MS Word i use Linux.
I think MS Word shows the same align as AOO (LO bug?).

With the DOCX—formerly RTF—i will saved this as *.odf then with LO & writer2epub i generate a clean epub—with correct align text…

I attached my converted DOCX without saved from LO/AOO.

Sorry for my english.
@Camelot - I'm confused, so I need to ask direct questions.

Do you or do you not have a problem with using calibre to convert a DOCX that you created in Open Office to EPUB?

If so which Open Office - Libre Office or Apache Open Office.

If you do have a problem, then post the actual DOCX as it was created by LO or AOO - don't unpack the DOCX. You will need to put it in a ZIP or a RAR because you cannot attach DOCX files on this board.

If you have a problem with the writer2epub plugin you need to post your queries in this Mobileread forum ==>> Writer2ePub

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-03-2015 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:01 AM   #7
Camelot
Connoisseur

@BetterRed
I have a problem with DOCX converted/created by Calibre DOCX plugin (epub → docx).

When open this DOCX (converted by calibre) with LibreOffice, i missing some align text ¹) but no problem with Apache OpenOffice. See screenshot above.

¹) right, center

I have not problem with writer2epub.

Last edited by Camelot; 08-03-2015 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:47 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
@BetterRed
I have a problem with DOCX converted/created by Calibre DOCX plugin (epub → docx).

When open this DOCX (converted by calibre) with LibreOffice, i missing some align text ¹) but no problem with Apache OpenOffice. See screenshot above.

¹) right, center

I have not problem with writer2epub.
@Camelot - thanks understand now

Your original message seemed to imply you were converting from DOCX to EPUB, hence Kovid's initial response and mine.

The DOCX output feature is a recently added feature. I don't use it so I can't help you with it.

Hopefully Kovid will come by and see that your problem is with the DOCX Output feature

- Might be an idea to start a new thread called "Convert to DOCX", then because its quite confusing I can lock or even delete this one.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-03-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:25 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The generated docx renders fine in Word. As such you should report the bug to LibreOffice.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote