Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-17-2014, 04:14 PM   #46
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oletros View Post
The current prices are 129 euro in Germany to $139 in USA without ads or $119 with ads
Actually the price in Germany is 109 Euro incl. VAT without ads.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #47
jswinden
Nameless Being

A 35.7% increase in resolution would be good. But if it still has the same light layer as the PW then meh. Maybe they couldn't figure out how to improve the light layer so they just renamed it and the reader in hopes that we will think it is improved.
Advert
Old 09-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #48
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nihilism View Post
Having a light sensor seems a little strange given that people have varying comfort levels/eyesight. It's one of those things I always turn off on my tablet.
I have found the ambient light sensor on my Kindle Fire HDX to be excellent. I also thought that it was quite good on the original Nexus 7. I always felt the light levels to be just about right.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #49
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Hoping for the return of audio. Now that I'm using Kindle Unlimited I'm finding a good many books with an Audible companion.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #50
stutzj
Zealot
stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, PW2, Kindle 5(black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Hoping for the return of audio. Now that I'm using Kindle Unlimited I'm finding a good many books with an Audible companion.
It's unlikely that it has audio. There is no mention of audio in the leaked table of contents for the handbook nor is there a headphone jack on the image of the Voyage that has been leaked(unless it is on top of the device).
stutzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2014, 05:28 PM   #51
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Note to self: don't trust the source who said there was no 300dpi screen anymore. You were had.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:53 PM   #52
stutzj
Zealot
stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, PW2, Kindle 5(black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Note to self: don't trust the source who said there was no 300dpi screen anymore. You were had.
What source are you talking about?
stutzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:55 PM   #53
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
If this info holds true, then this new Kindle is way overpriced at $190. There's no way that I would ever pay more than $125 for an ereader.
Not even a colour ereader ?
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #54
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stutzj View Post
What source are you talking about?
I was one of the bloggers that disbelieved TechCrunch's story about the Kindle Ice Wine when it didn't launch this spring. The details mentioned in that story closely match what we now know about Kindle Voyage.

Part of the reason i didn't believe that rumor was that I had a confidential source who told me that the screen didn't exist. Clearly he was wrong.

I hate being wrong like this.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:02 PM   #55
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
I think if tubermonkey wanted that they would get a tablet.

Last edited by Nate the great; 09-17-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #56
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
If this info holds true, then this new Kindle is way overpriced at $190. There's no way that I would ever pay more than $125 for an ereader.
I think it's outside of my price range as well.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #57
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I think if tubermonkey wanted that they would get a tablet.
Color doesn't register on my ereader features checklist. I have a tablet for color. But, if this were to have a flex screen, waterproofing, audio, 16-32GB storage, Amazon's forked OS, and apps; then I'd pay the premium.

I'd love an eink ereader I could take outdoors without fear of the substrate breaking and surviving Seattle's drizzle festival. Audiobooks would require an audio player with speakers and additional storage for the large files that are audiobooks. Apps would be great for additional readers, players, and especially the OverDrive app to checkout library books directly from the ereader.

Shove those things in, and I'm onboard for a premium price.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #58
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
There has been a lot of speculation on the forum regarding a new Kindle. Apparently leaked site info from Germany and Spain talks about a new Kindle Voyage with higher resolution available in November.
The side buttons (sensors) are a huge plus for me. Apparently I wasn't the only who missed them on my Kindle Touch. I'm also curious about the new, inexpensive "touch" Kindle. I guess it's the end of the road for the Kindle Basic (4, non-touch) whatever it's unofficially called. I might have to get a spare one of those before they totally disappear. Hopefully this will put more pressure on B&N to release a new "entry level" eReader.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:13 PM   #59
dariocotti
dariocotti began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G

http://allesebook.de/e-book-reader/e...uktfoto-53761/
dariocotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #60
chanfm
Enthusiast
chanfm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Arc, Kindle PW3
Looks like a nice clean design. So, it is smaller, thinner and has 300 dpi. Love it! I hope the price is not more than $150 with ads. That would be attractive.
chanfm is offline   Reply With Quote