Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Audible Subscribers Sale $5.95/$8.95. Ends 7/19

They are claiming there are 150 books for $5.95 but the listing only shows 139.
There are 92 for $8.95, for 231 total. You can sort/browse by price and/or category. Here's the link for the total list:

http://www.audible.com/guestauthor/Paperback_Sale_A3

Sale ends on 7/19/11 at 11:00 am EST.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They have added books and at the above link there are 402 total $5.95 and $8.95 each books.

Last edited by NightBird; 07-14-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Thanks for the link I have only just recently got into Audiobooks
If the category link is correct the out of the 402 only 117 are Fiction books(I'm not one for reallife stories )
The ones that stand out to me are
The Brass Verdict - Michael Connelly
Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follet
Misery & The Shawshank Redemption - Stephen King
Juliet Naked - Nick Hornby
Rainwater - Sandra Brown
The White Tiger - Aravind Adiga
My Sisters Keeper - Jodi Picoult
Pity there's not more crime fiction Now to decide what to get
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #4
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
I would never get any housework done if I didn't have audiobooks. You can't watch tv while you vacuum or clean the bath, but you can listen to an audiobook on your mp3 player clipped to your tank top.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #5
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
If the category link is correct the out of the 402 only 117 are Fiction books(I'm not one for reallife stories )
YW!

IMO, they have kind of a weird way of doing things, so there are actually more fiction books than that. I think by "fiction" they mean just mainstream or literary fiction and not all fiction. If you click on the other categories, such as mystery and scifi, you will see other books not included in the fiction section.
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 10:27 PM   #6
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
I would never get any housework done if I didn't have audiobooks. You can't watch tv while you vacuum or clean the bath, but you can listen to an audiobook on your mp3 player clipped to your tank top.
Ditto that! Plus doing the laundry, yard work, etc. It makes those boring chores at least tolerable.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:11 PM   #7
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
YW!

IMO, they have kind of a weird way of doing things, so there are actually more fiction books than that. I think by "fiction" they mean just mainstream or literary fiction and not all fiction. If you click on the other categories, such as mystery and scifi, you will see other books not included in the fiction section.
Argh! Thats just silly fiction is fiction Oh well back to visit the sale again bummer may end up spending more
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:37 AM   #8
NightBird
Wizard

Lol. Have fun deciding. I think I am getting:

The Invasion of the Body Snatchers
by Jack Finney

Slow Horses
by Mick Herron

Clutch of Constables
by Ngaio Marsh

After the Funeral: A Hercule Poirot Mystery
by Agatha Christie

I was going to get Still Missing by Chevy Stevens but found it at my library.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:24 PM   #9
NightBird
Wizard

If you buy any of these books, go to your library at the website after purchasing/downloading and you will see this page:

Quote:
Surprise! $4.95 sale.

Choose one audiobook and it's yours for less.

Only one audiobook of your choice qualifies for this special discount. Titles available in this promotion are limited to those listed below. Sale expires when you exit your browser.

Special Sale Cart
Select one book on this page and it's yours for just $4.95.

Sterling Biographies: Frederick Douglass
Frances E. Ruffin

Across the Nightingale Floor: Tales of the Otori, Book One
Lian Hearn

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
Mary Roach

The Neon Rain: A Dave Robicheaux Novel
James Lee Burke

The Drunkard's Walk: How Randomness Rules Our Lives
Leonard Mlodinow

The Botany of Desire
Michael Pollan

In the Company of Cheerful Ladies: The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
Alexander McCall Smith

iWoz: How I Invented the Personal Computer and Had Fun Along the Way
Steve Wozniak, Gina Smith

Dearly Devoted Dexter
Jeff Lindsay

Misquoting Jesus
Bart D. Ehrman

Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain
John J. Ratey

Dead Until Dark: Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire Mystery #1
Charlaine Harris

Childhood's End
Arthur C. Clarke

The Poisoner's Handbook: Murder and the Birth of Forensic Medicine in Jazz Age New York
Deborah Blum

The Sociopath Next Door
Martha Stout

The Yugo: The Rise and Fall of the Worst Car in History
Jason Vuic

West with the Night
Beryl Markham

Steppenwolf
Hermann Hesse

Talent Is Overrated: What Really Separates World-Class Performers from Everybody Else
Geoff Colvin

Born in Fire: Born In Trilogy, Book 1
Nora Roberts