Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-03-2009, 03:33 AM   #91
DanielCoffey
Connoisseur
DanielCoffey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
The link to the sony covers is now visible.
DanielCoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:28 AM   #92
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
Yipeee!! Fern was the color I liked best in that design; red would have been my second choice but I already have the Dooney & Bourke cover in red.

Now I just have to wait for the Sony Reader version. Happy Birthday to Meeeeeeeeeee!!
I am thisclose to ordering it.....budget, budget, budget........
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:32 AM   #93
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Wild View Post
I am thisclose to ordering it.....budget, budget, budget........
Which one? Enquiring minds want to know!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:37 AM   #94
F1Wild
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
Which one? Enquiring minds want to know!
I really want the Red Ginkgo, but I should wait and give my love the opportunity to give it to me as a b-day or Christmas gift. For now, I'm looking at the Mivizu Red Croc one on Amazon. I'd love to know if anyone has this and what adventages it has over an M-Edge. I can get the less expensive one now...since I basically gifted myself the Kindle (1/2 b-day gift).
Old 07-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #95
JasonB
Connoisseur
JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Does anybody actually have one of these yet and, if so, could they post a picture of it with the cover open so that I can see what's meant by the fact that the corner straps obscure some of the buttons? (The Oberon site still does not show this when clicking on the picture...)

P.S. Green World Tree for me. I'm guessing this colour looks better than the same thing in taupe. (It's a bit annoying that they don't let you see it with more than one colour choice.)

Last edited by JasonB; 07-03-2009 at 01:20 PM.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #96
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
Does anybody actually have one of these yet and, if so, could they post a picture of it with the cover open so that I can see what's meant by the fact that the corner straps obscure some of the buttons? (The Oberon site still does not show this when clicking on the picture...)

P.S. Green World Tree for me. I'm guessing this colour looks better than the same thing in taupe. (It's a bit annoying that they don't let you see it with more than once colour choice.)
Oberon emailed me back that the pictures of the interior should be up by this weekend.

I wish we could see the designs in the various colors, too. I wish we could order them in different colors than what's offered. What I *really* want is the Tree of Life or Roof of Heaven in Red, but I think I may go for Sky Dragon in Red. I *really* want a Red cover....

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #97
F1Wild
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
The video explains this:
http://www.oberondesign.com/store/kindleVID.php
Old 07-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #98
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
I really want the Red Ginkgo, but I should wait and give my love the opportunity to give it to me as a b-day or Christmas gift. For now, I'm looking at the Mivizu Red Croc one on Amazon. I'd love to know if anyone has this and what adventages it has over an M-Edge. I can get the less expensive one now...since I basically gifted myself the Kindle (1/2 b-day gift).
That Mivizu one looks nice. I don't know if I could be patient and wait till December to get the Oberon one though!!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #99
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
For now, I'm looking at the Mivizu Red Croc one on Amazon. I'd love to know if anyone has this and what adventages it has over an M-Edge.
It looks like a mix of the Tuff Luv case and an M-Edge executive...

Covers the majority of the face like a Tuff Luv, but opens like a book (rather than easel) like the M-Edge. Interesting. I've never seen these before.

Sayhello
Old 07-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #100
JasonB
Connoisseur
JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JasonB is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Thanks, but that's for the Kindle, not the Sony. I can extrapolate:

The corners will partially cover the power switch, the bottom-left back button, and the right and down navigation / history buttons.

However, I'd still like to see a picture to see that exactly.
JasonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #101
DanielCoffey
Connoisseur

If nobody has done it by the time I get my Tree Of Life, I will post pics, but being in the UK it will take a little longer for dispatch plus clearing customs.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #102
Shadowjack
Enthusiast
Shadowjack began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, PRS-650, Kobo H2O, H2Ov2, Libra H2O
More info and photos. I like what I see and looks like it will make me a good birthday present (2 weeks).

http://www.oberondesign.com/store/SonyE.php
Shadowjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #103
sayhello
Addict

They do look good! So it looks like, for the 505, the upper-left-hand-corner strap partially covers the power slide button, but that's the same for the M-edge executive, and the button works fine, no problems. I don't have a 700, so I wonder what's covered for that?

Now all I have to decide is which one to buy! Tree of Life or Red? Tree of Life or Red? Decisions, decisions!

Sayhello
Old 07-09-2009, 02:45 AM   #104
DanielCoffey
Connoisseur

There appear to be two models of cover used for the photographs. Look at the main picture of the opened cover on the 505 - the elastic corner strap is in the top right. Then look at the close-up shots of the top of the 505 and you will see it has moved to the top left corner.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #105
sayhello
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
There appear to be two models of cover used for the photographs. Look at the main picture of the opened cover on the 505 - the elastic corner strap is in the top right. Then look at the close-up shots of the top of the 505 and you will see it has moved to the top left corner.
Um, what close-up shots of the top of the 505?

Sayhello