Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #16
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
I'm pretty happy with the Woot booklights you brought to our attention. I just clip one to the left cover and hold the cover so that it illuminates the page. The clip can be positioned so if you shut the cover it doesn't touch the screen. Better light spread than my other two cheap booklights. Nine lights for $11 shipped is hard to beat. Thanks.

P.S. this was just a "Thanks" post, as Woot is a one-day sale site, and those lights aren't for sale now.
You know what? I'm so mad at myself because all day I was debating on them all day, and by the time I decided to get one they were sold out Plus I didn't see them in the woot-off. Maybe next time. Glad they made someone happy
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:13 AM   #17
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
You know what? I'm so mad at myself because all day I was debating on them all day, and by the time I decided to get one they were sold out
Don't worry too much, because you might not have liked them. Problems: reflection off the big white "BOOKMARK LIGHT" marking, light leak into the room and a little into your eyes, you have to hold the cover just so at about 110°, it's not a secure clip. I like them but I'm not so choosy. And some of those problems might be fixable with some jury-rigging.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:04 AM   #18
ChipnDale
Rescue Rangers
ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad
It's all been said before however I'll throw in a wee bit: If you can wait until Xmas it should be on sale or at least come with some kind of extra benefits, that is if you don't mind the delay...
ChipnDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:04 AM   #19
julon2000
julon2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Wow, lots of posts, a big thanks to all of you for your inputs!

I finally ordered a Sony PRS-505 from Waterstone's last sunday: it seems like it arrived today, but I was at work, so I'll have to wait till monday for the delivery guys to come back to put my hands on it - can't wait!

I read all of your last posts, and even though my decision was already taken, your comments only conforted me that it was the good choice. By the way, in the mean time, I already started building an e-library (if that's the appropriate jargon), with about 60 classics: quite some food for the next weeks!

@lilac_jive: I finally skipped the lighted cover for the time being, I'll get one later on if I find it's really a need

And finally a note in case somebody from Switzerland reads this: according to the local swiss free papers (20 minutes or matin bleu; none are a reference, so take it as is) this same PRS-505 will start to be sold in Switzerland in a month or two, at a price of over 400 CHF, and apparently only in german - hurray for the french and italian minorities. I got mine for 224 UK pounds, and given the present low rate of the pound against the swiss franc, it's still slightly worth buying it in UK as this amounts for 370 CHF, plus delivery costs, especially if you're not swiss german.
julon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:13 PM   #20
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I'd give you another recommendation for a booklight, but alas, I am still on the hunt for a good one.
I'm very pleased with my "Mighty Bright" XtraFlex 2 LED book light. I was able to find it at my local Big Book Store.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote