Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #646
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I'm about 5% ahead of target (4 books), after a shaky start to the year.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #647
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Excellent Orolok, I am 66% of the way to my goal according to good reads and I am three book ahead of where I need to be at this point in the year.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #648
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Just finished up Dragon Ship, putting me at 91 books read this year. But I'm not doing as well on the Classics/Non-Fiction portion of the goal as I'd like. Sigh.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #649
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dragon Ship? Who wrote that book? I am not familiar with the book.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #650
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I slowed down a lot in August, but even so...

Quote:
You have read 120 books toward your goal of 150 books. 120 of 150 (80%)
Awesome, you're 21 books (14%) ahead of schedule!
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #651
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I'm about 5% ahead of target (4 books), after a shaky start to the year.
I've read the same number of books as you, which I can't believe.

I am way up on my reading this month after a few slackard months and have cleared most of this year's reading goals. I've read more books and more pages than last year's totals already. I wish myself much luck in ever beating the totals for this year.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #652
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Dragon Ship? Who wrote that book? I am not familiar with the book.
Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. One of their books set in their "Liaden" universe. But not one to start with - it's the third (or fourth?) in a series beginning with Fledgling.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #653
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'm ahead on my books from different countries challenge, slightly behind on my paper TBR challenge; aggregating them, I'm slightly ahead. I'm also comfortably ahead of 100 books/year (which isn't a goal per se, just a benchmark). I just need to push a bit with the paper TBRs.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #654
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I've read the same number of books as you, which I can't believe.

I am way up on my reading this month after a few slackard months and have cleared most of this year's reading goals. I've read more books and more pages than last year's totals already. I wish myself much luck in ever beating the totals for this year.
Nice.

Although ahead in numbers, I am still struggling with my named list of reading material - I just know I'm not going to get round to all of them before year end, 'cos new stuff will keep turning up .
Old 08-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #655
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. One of their books set in their "Liaden" universe. But not one to start with - it's the third (or fourth?) in a series beginning with Fledgling.
Fourth in the series that starts with Fledgling. I've just finished reading through this Liaden story arc, and I really enjoyed the entire series.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #656
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Nice.

Although ahead in numbers, I am still struggling with my named list of reading material - I just know I'm not going to get round to all of them before year end, 'cos new stuff will keep turning up .
I am thankful I have one book left on my named reading list. I think I've bitten off more than I can chew for next year though. 44 named books. This year was only 26. I'm going to have to double check that list carefully.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #657
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
I am thankful I have one book left on my named reading list. I think I've bitten off more than I can chew for next year though. 44 named books. This year was only 26. I'm going to have to double check that list carefully.
44 . And what do you do about all the new releases next year? Put them on the 2014 list?
Old 08-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #658
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Quote:
44 . And what do you do about all the new releases next year? Put them on the 2014 list?
I figure I'll read slightly over 100 books in a year and I'm only willing to commit 50 to challenges, and then only with categories, not titles. I wanna be able to read what I want to read at any given moment.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #659
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yep, 44. It's going to be a long haul on that one. As far as new releases go, I say, "what new releases?" I'm usually at least a decade behind what's hip and popular. Heck I might read Perdido Street Station this year if I get around to it.

I think it's a good list though, it's in my signature links. The problem is that I don't read awful fast or have a lot of time for reading. This year is an aberration so I will have to stay on the road next year.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #660
jbcohen
Wizard

I just past sixty books in my quest to reach my goal. Twenty-Five books left.