Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-07-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
VKV
VKV began at the beginning.

Device: none
Upgrade from 0.4.83 to 0.4.143: where are my books?

Hello,

I was using calibre 0.4.83 on Windows XP and hadn't launch it for a long time. Tonight i started it, and was informed of a more recent version 0.4.143 available. I downloaded the new version and run the installer. When asked where the database should be stored, I pointed the installer to the directory containing the existing library1.db file.

When calibre started, my library did not contain any book (while I had about 30 of them before, I think).

Did I miss a step during the upgrade? How can I have access to my "old database" again?

Thanks for your help,

VKV
VKV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:38 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In a command prompt, type the following

Code:
calibre-debug --migrate "c:\path\to\your\old\library1.db" "c:\path\to\your\new\library\folder"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
VKV
VKV began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks a lot for the precise reply, Kovid, and your ongoing support to the calibre users in general.
Now, I just have to find a backup of the original library1.db file, because as I had chosen the same directory as for the previous version, I think it has been overwritten by the installation.
Adding some kind of warning to the installation might be a good idea...
VKV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It shouldn't have deleted your library1.db. Until recently calibre would upgrade databases automatically but as that occassionally caused problems I've disabled it in favor of a manual upgrade.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade database