Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Thank You, Powell's for not returning my email.

Well, I was thinking of getting the mini and wanted the Black unit.

So I sent off an email yesterday to Powell's and didn't get a response - not even this morning of the 25th. (This is the bookstore that didn't even update their checkout price for Kobo's special holiday price of $49.99 until later that first day.)

So: A big, big 'Thank You' and a lot of little kisses to Powell's!

I saved $49.99. WHOPPEE! and a deserved YAHOO!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #2
masona8
Enthusiast
masona8 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, Kindle DX graphite, Kindle 3
Strewth!
masona8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
The people who do email might be taking a holiday. You could have just ordered one. Get over it.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
Isn't it a long holiday weekend in the states? I know stores are open for shopping, but I'd be surprised if email customer service were, except at the biggest online retailers like Amazon.

Being a few hours late posting a sales price doesn't strike me as outrageous, and isn't Powells based in Oregon anyway, so it's on western time?
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
They are legally selling e-books so they have the right to treat us like dung if they want, that's the system and liberal corporate economy we have chosen.
We need to focus instead on berating piracy, those are the problem ...
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
I was in a similar situation. Alas it seems Powell's is a bit... unready for the selling of electronic gizmos. They don't indicate whether they sell different colors for either the Mini or the Glo, and if not, don't even indicate which IS the default color they'd ship them in.

Also, their page indicates that the sleep cover is available for either reader, but then, just like with the colors, don't give any opportunity anytime during checkout to indicate which one you'd actually like to purchase. On top of the non-updated price as per top post.

I took a chance and put my preferred choices in the "Notes" features at the end of the checkout process (incl. one that said if the Mini wasn't on sale for the advertised price, cancel that part of the order)

To their credit later in the day I received a polite email apologizing for the pricing snafu, and confirming that they'd ship my preferred choices for color & sleepcover, and (re)charging my credit card for the adjusted pricing...

Haven't received the order yet, of course, so I'll update this once I do to let you know if indeed everything was shipped correctly.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
The people who do email might be taking a holiday. You could have just ordered one. Get over it.

I am over it. And I have a pocket full of pennies from Heaven. Quite a lot, now!

Don
Old 11-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertheglobe View Post
I was in a similar situation. Alas it seems Powell's is a bit... unready for the selling of electronic gizmos. They don't indicate whether they sell different colors for either the Mini or the Glo, and if not, don't even indicate which IS the default color they'd ship them in.

Also, their page indicates that the sleep cover is available for either reader, but then, just like with the colors, don't give any opportunity anytime during checkout to indicate which one you'd actually like to purchase. On top of the non-updated price as per top post.

I took a chance and put my preferred choices in the "Notes" features at the end of the checkout process (incl. one that said if the Mini wasn't on sale for the advertised price, cancel that part of the order)

To their credit later in the day I received a polite email apologizing for the pricing snafu, and confirming that they'd ship my preferred choices for color & sleepcover, and (re)charging my credit card for the adjusted pricing...

Haven't received the order yet, of course, so I'll update this once I do to let you know if indeed everything was shipped correctly.

I just now received an email: They have only the white Mini in stock. I thankfully cancelled last night when no reply was forthcoming.

Actually, this is a good conclusion, as it would have taken back seat anyway to the Glo and Kindle's paperwhite. I also have a pocketbook 360 (5-inch screen), which I don't even use anymore.

Don
Old 11-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #9
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Quick update as promised: Took delivery of the shipment today, even though it already arrived yesterday (using the free "slow" shipping... not bad at all) Kobo Glo & cover was as expected, the Mini was in white (as per their product picture) but that's OK with me.

However, customer service already sent me another email, saying that they hadn't caught the part about preferring a black Mini and including a link to a return label in case I didn't want the white one. So under the circumstances, they handled everything like good customer service should. Of course it would have been nice to avoid the confusion upfront, incl. Dr. Drib's initial pricing issue.

Impressions of the Glo (better light & higher res & more refined text/font controls > Nook w/GL) and the Mini (it's tiny!) may follow later.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote