Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you want this program on Kindle Touch?
Yes and I'm ready to buy it 14 26.92%
Yes, but I don't want to buy it 24 46.15%
No 14 26.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
pbchess - Chess for Kindle Touch

Hi!

A new build of pbchess + my programs (for all the Kindles) is released.

Download link
Documentation

Dear friends, please help me to test it on Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle 4 Non Touch. All the participants will obtain license key for free.

Please contact me (vlasovsoft@mail.ru) if you want to participate.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 05-11-2013 at 07:22 AM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Chess for Kindle Touch is ready!

You can download it here

User manual is also updated!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Just curious but what strength does it play at? Will you release a version that plays on the K2 as well? I recently had a go at writing a chess program that runs in your browser but I'll admit I found it quite a tough project (for me anyway).
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
Just curious but what strength does it play at? Will you release a version that plays on the K2 as well? I recently had a go at writing a chess program that runs in your browser but I'll admit I found it quite a tough project (for me anyway).
Hi!

The strength is depends on engine and level. E.g. stockfish at level 8-12 can produce the strength of ELO 2000-2200 I guess. We have few strong engines: glaurung, toga, gfruit

As reported here: http://forum.vlasovsoft.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=118 , version for K3 should work and for K2 also.

Your program looks good! It's a java applet?

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 04-14-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur
Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi Sergey,
I think Stockfish 9-12 over 2100!
A played a lot against it, and plan to publish some interesting games and a small book on Kindle chess.
I would like to ask you a question: do you plan to give an opportunity to Kindle chess to start from any position/analyze mode? It would be nice extension.
Thanks a lot for your work!
Kindlevarazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #6
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindlevarazs View Post
Hi Sergey,
I think Stockfish 9-12 over 2100!
A played a lot against it, and plan to publish some interesting games and a small book on Kindle chess.
I would like to ask you a question: do you plan to give an opportunity to Kindle chess to start from any position/analyze mode? It would be nice extension.
Thanks a lot for your work!
Yes, of cause!

Just now you can start a new game from any position from the moves history (PGN notation). Starting a new game from arbitrary position is in the nearest plans.

In 1.2.5 time controls will be added.
In 1.2.6 the main feature will be setup position.

Analyze mode is very important feature also!
Old 04-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur
Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
>Just now you can start a new game from any position from the moves history (PGN >notation)

Yes, I know:-)

>In 1.2.5 time controls will be added.

It i sok, but don't remember, that sometimes would be great to turn off time-control. For example I go to work morning, and start to play but need to stop and continue later:-))

Good luck and thanks!
Kindlevarazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Your program looks good! It's a java applet?
Yes, it was all done in Java. It doesn't use a standard engine as I wanted to write my own. It's not as strong as some programs but it's more than enough for most players.

Am I correct in understanding that I need to root my kindle before loading your program? and does the free version only play for 5 minutes before restarting?
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:45 PM   #9
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
Am I correct in understanding that I need to root my kindle before loading your program? and does the free version only play for 5 minutes before restarting?
You need jailbreak + launchpad installed.

Installation manual is here: http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?id=en:chess

Yes, unregistered program works only 5 min + annoying registration messages

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 04-17-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
How badly does it drain the battery?
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #11
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
How badly does it drain the battery?
I have no information about kindle touch because I've bought it only a few days ago. But as for kindle 3:

It depends on level.

1. It supplies like any other book reader while solving chess puzzles (because chess engine is not working).
2. If you play on level 3-5 (average) about 1 hour/day + reading then the battery should work no less than 1.5 - 2 weeks (because chess engine is working only 0.5-1 seconds per move).

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 04-17-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #12
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

I've posted some demo videos for Kindle Touch here: http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/
Old 05-12-2012, 04:02 AM   #13
t-ror
t-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it is

Device: K4nt
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Yes, unregistered program works only 5 min + annoying registration messages
I prefer k3chess...
t-ror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:41 AM   #14
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ror View Post
I prefer k3chess...
K3Chess is a nice tool. But it can only play chess. With my program you can:

1. Solve tactical chess problems of different levels. We have thousands of FREE chess problems at our site.
2. Review annotated chess games of famous grandmasters.
3. Replay any game from any move, for any side, try variations, start game from the current position and so on.
5. Read chess books.
6. Study chess debutes, endings
7. Keep all your games in the database
8. And of cause play chess.

Playing games is not the main component of studying

Of cause if you like only to play chess, K3Chess is your choice.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 05-12-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #15
sea1731
sea1731 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
hi,

Nice program

Last edited by sea1731; 06-30-2012 at 08:58 AM.
sea1731 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle games, launcher add-ons