Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-08-2015, 02:40 PM   #151
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo H20, Nook Glow, Fire HDX7/8.9, Ipad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
My experience is that book readers sell very well and fetch good prices, but you need to sell them at the right time, when they're still reasonably current. I've resold almost all the readers that I've bought over the years, and often got prices for them that are as much as three quarters of what I paid for them.
That's what I've found too. I now have three readers, two current models, the Kobo H20 and the Voyage, and an old Kobo Glo I'd never sell anyway. The H20 is probably safe as its waterproof but I replace my Voyage i'd sell it straight away, especially as I have a transferable Warrenty with it too.

You can't hold onto ereaders as they become worthless.

Last edited by Josieb1; 04-08-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:57 AM   #152
iluvgadgets
Enthusiast
iluvgadgets began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I held mine old readers too long , no trade or sell value now really . I'll just pass them on to goodwill or maybe donate to a library or school.
iluvgadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:20 PM   #153
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Try Craigslist. You might be able to get a few pennies for your e-readers. I sold a Kindle 4 NT on there recently. It can't hurt and if no one expresses any interest, you're out of nothing except the time you spent creating the posting.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote