Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #76
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
nj:

With regard to dog-earing, though, I would disagree with you, as I am 99% sure that I can bookmark in all the devices I have, but I am certainly not an expert on every device out there. But I can in the Fire, the K2, the PPW, the K3, the iPad iBooks app, the FF ePUBreader (I think), and the Nook and NookColor. I think that all the current Sonys allow bookmarking. I don't know about most e-reading apps for, say, Droid, etc.

Hitch
The only bookmarking rule I have come up with for my PEz (ADE): NO Spaces in any file name.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #77
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The only bookmarking rule I have come up with for my PEz (ADE): NO Spaces in any file name.
Ducky:

Can you elaborate and elucidate, please?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #78
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Ducky:

Can you elaborate and elucidate, please?

Hitch
It is sensitive to title having spaces.

Joe is Great.epub Will not really save (or is it show to recover) the bookmarked location
Joe_is_Great.epub Will work

I am no sure if this fails if the internal file contains spaces, better safe than sorry: No spaces. Period
Old 02-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #79
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It is sensitive to title having spaces.

Joe is Great.epub Will not really save (or is it show to recover) the bookmarked location
Joe_is_Great.epub Will work

I am no sure if this fails if the internal file contains spaces, better safe than sorry: No spaces. Period
Like any other command line, in Windows, Linux or most anywhere else. Spaces are separators unless escaped or inside quotes. It is never a good idea to use spaces in folder names or filenames in ePub documents. Try using spaces in the url on your web browser and see what happens.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #80
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I can certainly understand the no spaces convention in documents INSIDE of an ePub. But not being able to use spaces in the ePub file name would be a bad thing. I usually put the "Last, First - Series series# - title.epub" as a way to sort. Although being able to sort on metadata makes that unnecessary (thanks Marvin)!
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #81
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I can certainly understand the no spaces convention in documents INSIDE of an ePub. But not being able to use spaces in the ePub file name would be a bad thing. I usually put the "Last, First - Series series# - title.epub" as a way to sort. Although being able to sort on metadata makes that unnecessary (thanks Marvin)!
You can still read the book, but bookmarks will not work.
Lucky for me, Recently Read will resume a book at the start of the last '(1024)block'.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:25 AM   #82
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 no touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I have compiled Sigil 0.6.2 for Mac OS X 10.5 and later (64-bit Intel only).

It can be downloaded from my google docs folder here.

It launches on my Mac OS X 10.6.8 system.
Thanks for offering that. I just want to inform you (an others) that it does not run on 10.5.8.

Code:
Process:         Sigil [45670]
Path:            /Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/MacOS/Sigil
Identifier:      com.sigil-ebook.Sigil.app
Version:         ??? (???)
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [193]

Interval Since Last Report:          10390 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           1
Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  0 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   1

Date/Time:       2014-04-17 11:21:48.891 +0200
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Report Version:  6
Anonymous UUID:  6AE5E93E-9A13-4CFD-B406-C14BA7AF3C7D

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: _OBJC_CLASS_$_CALayerHost
  Referenced from: /Applications/Sigil.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtWebKit.framework/Versions/4/QtWebKit
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:26 AM   #83
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I don't have a fix, sorry.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:47 AM   #84
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 no touch
Quote:
I don't have a fix, sorry.
No problem. Just for information. BTW: If you put into the Info.plist

Code:
LSMinimumSystemVersion: "10.6.0"
Anyone with an older version will directly see tat it won't work.
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #85
TalkingFish
TalkingFish began at the beginning.

Device: None
Mucho Appreciato

Quote:
I have compiled Sigil 0.6.2 for Mac OS X 10.5 and later (64-bit Intel only).

It can be downloaded from my google docs folder here.

It launches on my Mac OS X 10.6.8 system.
pdurrant --

Many thanks for compiling Sigil for 10.6.xx. Something of a Godsend. I'm finding Sigil a handy tool, and I didn't have the cash to get a Mavericks compatible piece of hardware. Yet.

-- TF
TalkingFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #86
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Any computer user who gets into the habit of using spaces and non-standard characters in file names is heading for a fall.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #87
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Any computer user who gets into the habit of using spaces and non-standard characters in file names is heading for a fall.
Because of lazy programmers.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:19 PM   #88
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Quite likely. But the point stands.
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:35 PM   #89
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Different Programmers also do it differently between versions.

Windows long file names are not consistent between windows releases.

KISS has always been recommended policy for the most reliable cross version or platform interoperability.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:42 AM   #90
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
It is possible that Microsoft Windows 9 may say case matters in the file names, for all we know. So I am with theducks! Keep it simple and do it the same way always.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote