Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Edit Book Info on the 700

I have searched both MR and the Sony website to see if it is possible to edit the Book Info section that accompanies the books I have loaded onto my 700 but have not found any information. I would love to add a book summary to the Info section of each book and perhaps an indicator as to read/not read. Any ideas?
Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
you can add this info in calibre and consult it on your computer, but i'm not sure there is a way to add a summary that you can see on the 700. but if you find a way i would love to do that too ; i add summaries to all my ebooks in calibre's database and i really wish i could see them on the 700 when choosing what to read next.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
you can add this info in calibre and consult it on your computer, but i'm not sure there is a way to add a summary that you can see on the 700. but if you find a way i would love to do that too ; i add summaries to all my ebooks in calibre's database and i really wish i could see them on the 700 when choosing what to read next.
Exactly! I download so many books that I sometimes forget what they were about. Also, because I like to keep my books on my reader, I sometimes forget which books I have already read!

I use the CollectorZ database software as well as Calibre (I know its double duty, but I've been using CollectorZ for years) to log all of my books. I create a summary for bundled books in MS Word and load it on my reader, but would rather have the option to attach something directly to the book.
Kaz
Old 02-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no known way to show the comments metadata on the reader.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
Server
Anti-Narcissist
Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Server has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SØNY6
At the moment, the current firmware does not allow this option to be displayed.
However, this is VERY do-able with an oem implemented or cooked firmware update.
And because we all (now) know that Sony monitors these and other forums, I'd say
its only a matter of time before we see some nice ROM updates for the 7Series.
Server is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2009, 04:24 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Server View Post
At the moment, the current firmware does not allow this option to be displayed.
However, this is VERY do-able with an oem implemented or cooked firmware update.
And because we all (now) know that Sony monitors these and other forums, I'd say
its only a matter of time before we see some nice ROM updates for the 7Series.
fingers crossed ! in that case i'd also like to mention (again) how much i ardently desire integrated dictionary lookup. please, sony !! please please !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:41 PM   #7
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Of course, you can add a note to the first page of a book with the information you want, and then from the main menu of the 700 you can "view all notes" and see everything you want.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #8
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
Of course, you can add a note to the first page of a book with the information you want, and then from the main menu of the 700 you can "view all notes" and see everything you want.
That's just how I've been handling it! It would seem so logical, though, to be able to include the metadata in the book info page where it belongs.
Kaz