Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
PapaJohn
Enthusiast
PapaJohn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Prevent Calibre from sending pub date?

Is there a tweak or template that I can use to prevent Calibre from sending the publishing date of an ebook when sending to my Kindle DX? I like to sort by Author and have determined that the Kindle will sort by title within Author sort if I delete the publishing date in Calibre, but I would like to leave the published date in Calibre and just not have it sent to the device.
Any help would be appreciated.
PapaJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:05 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to appropriate subforum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
PapaJohn
Enthusiast

Hi Manichean
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum. I am new to all of this and still learning my way around.
I probably was not clear enough in the question I was asking.
Just to clarify:
Is the published date of an ebook in the meta-data that Calibre sends?
If so is there some way to prevent Calibre from sending that information?
Old 04-05-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
PapaJohn
Enthusiast

Anyone??
I would think that there would be a way to do this in Calibre with a template or a plugboard.
I am not a programmer and don't have a clue where to start.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:14 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
There is no way (that I know of) to prevent the pub date from being included in the book's metadata.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert