Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Affiliate Links for "arcadata"- December 2011

Here's the new thread for December (*here's a link to my November thread to check out the last bargains I posted there)

Quote:
Okay, so you may know me since I post a lot of free and bargain books in this forum. I did add affiliate links to my posts before (the links look like this-> http://www.amazon.com/Fifth-Woman-Wa...ag=arcadata-20), but I've been told that isn't allowed anymore in the main forum. I'll be allowed to continue to post my affiliate links in this personal thread though.

Basically, what happens is that I earn referral fees (starts at 4%) whenever a visitor follows my link to Amazon.com (for example) and then makes a qualifying purchase. It was a pretty good incentive for me to spend time here sharing any freebies and bargains I found since I would get extra money per month to spend on books & apps!

So, hopefully, if you don't mind me getting a commission, you'll come visit this thread and click on my links when you're planning to buy something! My plan is that I'll be posting any bargains I find in this thread, but I'll continue to post any freebies I find in the main thread.
* Don't miss the Kindle Books: The Big Deal Sale! Only until December 3, 2011 *

Quote:
What's "The Big Deal,” you say? We’re glad you asked... Hundreds of Kindle books are on sale for $0.99, $1.99, $2.99, and $3.99 through December 3, 2011.
And here's the first deal for December 1

The Whispers of Nemesis by Anne Zouroudi from Bloomsbury (£1.29) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (Dec 1) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Hermes Diaktoros finds himself embroiled in the mysteries of the tiny village of Vrisi when a body is discovered by the side of the road, a coffin is unearthed and unexpected remains are found. Another instalment in Anne Zouroudi's "Mysteries of the Greek Detective" series, this is a story of desperate measures and dark secrets.

Last edited by arcadata; 11-30-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:06 AM   #2
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Amazon 100 Kindle Books for $3.99 or Less has updated for December! Check out the new batch of discounts.

Quote:
Looking for great books at a low price? Browse the newest section of our store--100 Kindle Books for $3.99 or Less--a diverse selection of deals hand-selected by our editors each month.
Here's just some of the new discounts (*Wait for prices to reflect discount before 1-clicking):

The Accidental Tourist: A Novel (Ballantine Reader's Circle) by Anne Tyler ($3.99)

Darkfever: The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning ($1.99)

To Catch a Highlander by Karen Hawkins ($2.99)

100 Cupboards: Book 1 of the 100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson ($3.99)

Their Last Suppers: Legends of History and Their Final Meals by Caldwell Andrew ($1.99)

Temple of the Winds (The Sword of Truth #4) by Terry Goodkind ($3.99)

Warrior: (The Blades of the Rose) by Zoe Archer ($1.99)

Wonderful by Jill Barnett ($1.99)

and more!

Last edited by arcadata; 12-01-2011 at 03:51 AM.
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 03:09 AM   #3
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life by Melisser Elliott from Skyhorse Publishing ($0.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (Dec 1) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

The Who’s Who of vegan women, Melisser Elliott, shares recipes and craft projects from some of the most respected vegan chefs and bloggers in the world. Full of photos and quirky illustrations, this is a useful vegan guide with a punk rock attitude.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #4
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

*Doesn't seem to be a new Nook deal posted today. I've checked and the page still shows the book from yesterday *

And FYI, there are 60 new free eBooks at the US Kindle store for today - I'd probably be accused of spamming the board if I posted them out in the main board, so if you want to check out the free books, you can browse them via this Amazon search link (just work backwards) or as an alternative, they're all posted here.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:51 AM   #5
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Chronicle in Stone by Ismail Kadare is $2.99 at the US Kindle store ($10.42 at B&N)

Quote:
Product Description

Winner of the Man Booker International Prize 2005

A stunning tale of a young boy and an ancient land, each awakening to the joys and horrors of the modern world.Masterful in its simplicity, CHRONICLE IN STONE is a touching coming-of-age story and a testament to the perseverance of the human spirit. Surrounded by the magic of beautiful women and literature, a boy must endure the deprivations of war as he suffers the hardships of growing up. His sleepy country has just thrown off centuries of tyranny, but new waves of domination inundate his city. Through the boy’s eyes, we see the terrors of World War II as he witnesses fascist invasions, allied bombings, partisan infighting, and the many faces of human cruelty—as well as the simple pleasures of life. Evacuating to the countryside, he expects to find an ideal world full of extraordinary things, but discovers instead an archaic backwater where a severed arm becomes a talisman and deflowered girls mysteriously vanish.Woven between the chapters of the boy’s story are tantalizing fragments of the city’s history. As the devastation mounts we see firsthand how the violence of war destroys more than just buildings and bridges.
The Great Triumvirate : Webster, Clay, and Calhoun by Merrill D. Peterson (Oxford University Press) ($3.75 US Kindle, $3.99 B&N)

Quote:
Product Description

Enormously powerful, intensely ambitious, the very personifications of their respective regions--Daniel Webster, Henry Clay, and John C. Calhoun represented the foremost statemen of their age. In the decades preceding the Civil War, they dominated American congressional politics as no other figures have. Now Merrill D. Peterson, one of our most gifted historians, brilliantly re-creates the lives and times of these great men in this monumental collective biography.
Fleshmarket Alley (Inspector John Rebus Series #15) by Ian Rankin (Hachette Book Group) is $1.99 (US Kindle, B&N

Quote:
Product Description

An illegal immigrant is found murdered in an Edinburgh housing scheme. Rebus is drawn into the case, but has other problems: his old police station has closed for business, and his masters would rather he retire than stick around. But as Rebus investigates, he must deal with the sleazy Edinburgh underworld, and maybe even fall in love.
Ash by Malinda Lo (Little, Brown Books for Young Readers) is $1.99 (US Kindle, B&N

Quote:
Product Description

An ALA Best Book for Young Adults * A Kirkus Best Book for Young Adults * A William C. Morris Award YA Debut Award Finalist

CINDERELLA RETOLD

In the wake of her father's death, Ash is left at the mercy of her cruel stepmother. Consumed with grief, her only joy comes by the light of the dying hearth fire, re-reading the fairy tales her mother once told her. In her dreams, someday the fairies will steal her away, as they are said to do. When she meets the dark and dangerous fairy Sidhean, she begins to believe that her wish may be granted.

The day that Ash meets Kaisa, the King's royal Huntress, her heart begins to change. Instead of chasing fairies, Ash learns to hunt with Kaisa. Though their friendship is as delicate as a new bloom, it reawakens Ash's capacity for love-and her desire to live. But Sidhean has already claimed Ash for his own, and she must make a choice between fairy tale dreams and true love.

Entrancing and romantic, Ash is an empowering retelling of Cinderella about the connection between life and love, and solitude and death, where transformation can come from even the deepest grief.
The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia Series #1) by C. S. Lewis is $2.99 (US Kindle, B&N

Quote:
Product Description

The adventure begins

Narnia ... where Talking Beasts walk ... where a witch waits ... where a new world is about to be born.

On a daring quest to save a life, two friends are hurled into another world, where an evil sorceress seeks to enslave them. But then the lion Aslan's song weaves itself into the fabric of a new land, a land that will be known as Narnia. And in Narnia, all things are possible ...
The Christmas Letters: A Timeless Story for Every Generation by Bret Nicholaus (Hachette Book Group) is $1.99 (US Kindle, B&N

Quote:
Product Description

The first Classically written Christmas book of the new millennium, The Christmas Letters is a delightful story that families will want to share together year after year. It is at once heartwarming and entertaining, with several unexpected twists as the story unfolds.

The book may bring a tear to your eye, or perhaps a feeling of inexpressible joy to your heart; in truth, it might very well do both. About one thing, however you can be certain: The Christmas Letters will elicit a flood of your own memories...and emotional thoughts of individual family members that made each holiday season so special for you.
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #6
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever (Bevelstoke Series #1) byJulia Quinn from HarperCollins ($1.99) is the NOOK Daily Find (Dec 1)

Quote:
Product Description

The first volume of Julia Quinn's Bevelstoke Series of Regency romances introduces Miranda Cheever, who has loved the aristocratic Nigel Bevelstoke, Viscount Turner, ever since she was a girl. Now a young woman, she's determined not to let the love that is her destiny slip away.
FYI, Amazon has price matched this at the US kindle store
Old 12-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #7
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Since I don't mind supporting other users, I snagged a couple of the "Big Kindle Deal" books for ya. Thanks for the heads up on everything!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:15 PM   #8
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

* This is the latest addition to the Sue Grafton novels on sale - Amazon Search Link

G Is for Gumshoe (Kinsey Millhone Series #7) by Sue Grafton (Macmillan) is $2.99 (US Kindle, B&N)

Quote:
Product Description

or #1 New York Times bestselling author Sue Grafton’s PI Kinsey Milhone, danger comes with the job—but she never expects to find herself at the top of a hit man’s list…

G IS FOR GAME…

When Irene Gersh asks PI Kinsey Millhone to locate her elderly mother Agnes, whom she hasn’t heard from in six months, it’s not exactly the kind of case Kinsey jumps for. But a girl’s gotta pay her bills, and this should be easy money—or so she thinks. Kinsey finds Agnes in a hospital. Aside from her occasional memory lapses, the octogenarian seems fine. And frightened.

G IS FOR GUN…

Kinsey doesn’t know what to make of Agnes’s vague fears and bizarre ramblings, but she’s got her own worries. It seems Tyrone Patty, a criminal she helped put behind bars, is looking to make a hit. First, Kinsey’s car is run off the road, and then days later, she’s almost gunned down, setting in motion a harrowing cat and mouse game…

G IS FOR GUMSHOE

So Kinsey decides to hire a bodyguard. With PI Robert Dietz watching her 24/7, Kinsey is feeling on edge…especially with their growing sexual tension. Then, Agnes dies of an apparent homicide, Kinsey realizes the old lady wasn’t so senile after all—and maybe she was trying to tell her something? Now Kinsey’s determined to learn the truth…even if it kills her.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #9
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Thanks for the Gumshoe link. I saw the 'D, E, F' compilation is just $12.43 at B&N, which works out to just over $4 per book (if my math is right).

ETA: my bad, price is for the audiobook.

Last edited by wandalynn; 12-01-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #10
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

FYI, new Kindle apps:

Picture Cross Christmas Edition (A Holiday Logic Game for Kindle) by puzzle.tv ($0.99)

Quote:
Product Description
Merry Christmas picture puzzlers ? 100 all new festive-themed Picture Cross puzzles!

Starting with a grid of empty squares, Picture Cross gives you clues in each column and row with which you must work out whether each square in the grid is black or white. Find all of the black squares to reveal a festive picture. Detailed instructions and helpful tutorial are included, and a hint feature is available if you get stuck. Once finished, you can reset each puzzle so you can replay as many times as you like.

Picture Cross Christmas Edition includes 100 unique hand-made puzzles, each with a seasonal theme. Puzzles come in grids of various sizes, with 20 each of: 8 by 8, which are nice and easy, 10 by 10, 15 by 15, 20 by 20, and 25 by 25 which are very challenging!

The game features fast navigation, check marks and hidden puzzle names.

If you love Christmas and love logic puzzles, you'll love Picture Cross Christmas Edition on Kindle!
Mystery Castle: Winter's Night (A Game for Kindle) by Runestone Games Limited ($1.99)

Quote:
Product Description
Mystery Castle: Winter's Night is the sequel to the top-rated favorite Mystery Castle: Dawn of Illusion.

Monty is back and he's going to save the Holidays! An ice palace has appeared in the middle of the night and Monty the Wizard returns with 32 stages of puzzles and adventure in this new quest to defeat the nasty demon scaring the people and penguins of a small village. Slide across the ice in this winter wonderland, collecting the evil demon's magic crystals.

Find boxes to build bridges across the dark abyss, and clear the path ahead with giant bombs. Teleport to different areas with the magical staircases and reveal secret areas with the 'Eye of Truth'. Be careful you don't fall through the cracked floor!

Mystery Castle: Winter's Night is for people that like brainteasers, puzzles and adventure. Can you solve the mysteries of the castle and save the villagers? Monty is counting on you!
Futoshiki Holiday Edition (A Holiday Logic Puzzle for Kindle) by Braintonik Games ($0.99)

Quote:
Product Description
Futoshiki Holiday Edition takes a cheerful twist as stockings, trees and presents take over the game board.

The rules of Futoshiki remain deceptively simple but the game is challenging and addictive. Each row and column must be filled with unique numbers. However, Futoshiki has a twist. It adds greater-than or less-than signs between some cells. You must honor these signs in order to solve and complete the puzzles.

This new collection of 120 puzzles is grouped into four different sets ranging from easy to expert. The grids are 5x5 in easy, medium, and hard modes. Expert mode holds thirty 7x7 puzzles. The game features annotations to help you keep track of possible solutions, and a hint function to help you keep playing if you get stuck.

Get Futoshiki Holiday Edition and have a delightful time!
Blossom Holiday Edition (A Cheerful Puzzle Game For Kindle) by Braintonik Games ($1.99)

Quote:
Product Description
Catch the spirit of the holidays with Blossom Holiday Edition!

Like an elf, help Santa fix the network of pipes and allow the magical powers of Old St. Nick?s hat to flow through the maze and bring cheer and joy to everyone. As you rearrange the pipes and let the spirit flow, old lumps of coal will change to beautiful gifts for all and save the spirit of the holiday season.

This Holiday Edition is packed with a set of 120 new puzzles, which can be enjoyed by all members of the family.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:50 PM   #11
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

You by Joanna Briscoe from Bloomsbury (£1.19) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (Dec 2) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Dora Bannan moves her family to the wild moorland in hopes of leaving her traditional domestic life behind. But Dora's daughter longs for the traditional--and an education her new school can't offer. Sensual, unnerving and gripping, this novel is about the lives we think we want, the choices we can't unmake and the loves and losses we never forget.

Last edited by arcadata; 12-01-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #12
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky from Walker Books ($0.85) is the NOOK Daily Find (Dec 2)

Quote:
Product Description

This is the tale of a substance so valuable it served as currency, established trade routes, provoked and financed wars, secured empires, and inspired revolutions. It is the fascinating story of that one and only rock we eat. It is the story of salt.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:11 AM   #13
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Ivy and Bean 1: Bk. 1 by Annie Barrows from Chronicle Books ($0.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (Dec 1) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

In this first book in Annie Barrows' bestselling series, young readers will meet Ivy and Bean--a dynamic duo like no other.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:57 AM   #14
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

FYI, Amazon has matched the Nook deal:

Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky now $0.85
Old 12-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #15
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

The Secrets of Pain (Merrily Watkins 11) by Phil Rickman from Corvus (£0.99) is the Amazon UK Kindle Deal of the Day (Dec 3) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description

Merrily Watkins--parish priest, single mother, exorcist--works for the Diocese of Hereford in a remote village on the border of England and Wales. When a case turns up that requires her to venture into areas where neither a priest nor a woman is welcome, she finds herself unearthing secrets linked with the border's pagan past. Secrets which she knows can never be disclosed.
Closed Thread