Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 07:25 AM   #1
Coleccionista
Connoisseur
Coleccionista began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Little bug in bgcolor for author_sort?

Using Calibre 0.7.27, I have found that if the author name is all uppercase/lowercase when you correct it the sort_author field becomes red.
If you click the button to get the field auto-filled it will used the reverse of the original text. Even after accepting changes and opening again the metadata form.

Example:

Autor: ISAAC ASIMOV
Sort: ASIMOV, ISAAC

After you edit
Autor: Isaac Asimov
Sort: Asimov, Isaac

Everytime you click the button to get the correct value for the field it will return:
Sort: ASIMOV, ISAAC
Coleccionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I think that the red font is telling you that the author-sort field for this book does not agree with the author-sort value currently stored for that author. If you go into the list of Authors and find the author in question I suspect that you will find that the author-sort field set there is not correct. Fixing it there and telling Calibre to apply the change to all books by this author will then fix the problem.

Last edited by itimpi; 11-12-2010 at 08:55 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
Coleccionista
Connoisseur
Coleccionista began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
So if I add a book from a new author why this original spelling gets sticked
It should be updated as I enter a new sort field value, shouldn't it?
Coleccionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleccionista View Post
So if I add a book from a new author why this original spelling gets sticked
It should be updated as I enter a new sort field value, shouldn't it?
Calibre has a default IGNORE_CASE turned on for various areas and tries to handle both case sensitive and case insensitive operating systems. You're running into one of the problems caused by the ignore case default. Either do what itimpi suggested, or just change something other than the case of the new author_sort, followed by changing it again. To avoid these issues, never make any change that involves only changing the case.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Cancel

Last edited by theducks; 11-12-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Cancel
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert