Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #16
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Not having Star Trek for now...

...but maybe I make some. Which series you looking for? Or the new movie? Don't know which Fanfiction is out there.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #17
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
You asked for it - now you get some

Please keep in mind that I don't watch nor read this TV Show, so I don't know who is important, which one I would like and even what kind of font I would prefer. AND personally I only like cover 2 and 5, maybe 4. Didn't find so much good stuff without spending a lot of time with the covers but I hope you like them anyway.

I used 'impact' as the font - feel free to chance.

Note: Some zip-files are in two forms, because I used the series output not like it was meant to be used. Because of a little space problem I put the title and series output in 1 line to have only 2 instead of 3 lines. Soooo, if you have a series column you will have to use the series zip-file and if you have no series column use the other zip-file.

MiniMouse
These are so awesome! Thank you! I'm really tempted to learn how you did this.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #18
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Okay, I've downloaded the zip files. Only I'm not sure what to do with the data inside them?

EDIT: Nevermind! Found the import settings button.

Last edited by Amalthia; 07-09-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:39 AM   #19
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Hope it worked all for you.

Please remember, when you don't have the fonts that I used on your computer the settings will jump to another font that is installed an your computer (like Arial) but then the settings for thickness or the hight where the font for author and title is placed will maybe not fit anymore the way they used to be in my covers. Even the color-settings might look diffently.

Settings as posted will only look the same way with the fonts I used. When you don't have the fonts on your computer, you have to install them first!

But feel free to change and experiment with the settings for yourself.
And when you found a better font, just post the new zip-files if you like.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #20
KayLee
Zealot
KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KayLee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST & iPad Air2
Thanks for those generic covers I needed that.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-11-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: corrected link in quotes
Old 07-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #21
MiniMouse
Groupie

Merlin Fanfiction Covers

EDIT: When you haven't read the announcement then please read here before you start reading this post! Thank you

Okay, a new round of covers. This is a series I watched, read and love, so lots of covers to choose.

To not to repeat myself - files will work the same way as mentioned in my posts above. The same goes with the font.

Font is 'Nyala' BUT there are also some Merlin-fonts to find here. I for myself found it a little to much with the Merlin-Logo, so my choice is still 'Nyala'.

Hope you like them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Merlin 2.png
Views:	290
Size:	645.0 KB
ID:	108141   Click image for larger version

Name:	Merlin 5.png
Views:	336
Size:	658.1 KB
ID:	108144   Click image for larger version

Name:	Merlin 6.png
Views:	506
Size:	542.5 KB
ID:	108145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Merlin 10.png
Views:	294
Size:	622.2 KB
ID:	108148  

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-20-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #22
MiniMouse
Groupie

Merlin Fanfiction Covers - Part 2

...and as always some more
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Merlin 11.png
Views:	305
Size:	488.4 KB
ID:	108150   Click image for larger version

Name:	Merlin 12.png
Views:	283
Size:	602.8 KB
ID:	108151   Click image for larger version

Name:	Merlin 13.png
Views:	290
Size:	621.0 KB
ID:	108152   Click image for larger version

Name:	Merlin 15.png
Views:	321
Size:	672.2 KB
ID:	108153   Click image for larger version

Name:	Merlin 16.png
Views:	310
Size:	558.6 KB
ID:	108154   Click image for larger version

Name:	Merlin 17.png
Views:	303
Size:	629.8 KB
ID:	108155   Click image for larger version

Name:	Merlin 18.png
Views:	292
Size:	651.7 KB
ID:	108156  

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-20-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #23
Byrdie
Walking Library
Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Byrdie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle Paperwhite 5, 16 gb version
Thanks, got a lot of Merlin fics to put on my reader so these will come in handy. The Star Trek I like is both Classic and New Movie; my favorites are of course Kirk, Spock & Bones. Also Picard & Q from Next Generation, Paris & Chakotay from Voyager and Garak & Bashir from DS9.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #24
MiniMouse
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdie View Post
Thanks, got a lot of Merlin fics to put on my reader so these will come in handy. The Star Trek I like is both Classic and New Movie; my favorites are of course Kirk, Spock & Bones. Also Picard & Q from Next Generation, Paris & Chakotay from Voyager and Garak & Bashir from DS9.
Okay, I will see what I can find but give me some time.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #25
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
..for that series I found much better pictures to use for covers. I may even start watching it.
Yes, it's very photogenic. And the fandom is amazingly poly-friendly; one of the only ones that has an OT3 as its main "pairing." (Peter/El/Neal is probably as common as Peter/Neal. Even when the pairing is Peter/Neal, it's usually with El's knowledge and blessing, not with some handwavy device to shove her away from the story.)

It's a terrific show if you like extreme competence (Everyone is talented. Very talented. And knows it. And knows everyone else is.) and/or clever repartee and/or eye candy.

Thanks for the covers!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #26
MiniMouse
Groupie

EDIT: When you haven't read the announcement then please read here! Thank you

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-20-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #27
Amalthia
Wizard

I loved your Star Trek and Merlin covers!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #28
Amalthia
Wizard

Has anyone made any generic fandom covers? I'd like to pick something as a default for A03 and I download from so many different fandoms. I'd like something to use for the smaller fandoms.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:12 AM   #29
MiniMouse
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Has anyone made any generic fandom covers? I'd like to pick something as a default for A03 and I download from so many different fandoms. I'd like something to use for the smaller fandoms.
DoctorOhh posted some links here
Old 07-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #30
MiniMouse
Groupie

Sherlock - Drawing

When you're interested in a drawing for Sherlock (the series not the movie), you should check out this side here.

And a wonderful handwriting-style font for a cover is 'Sherlock Holmes' (the movie not the series) created by tabbystardust. You can find it here.

MiniMouse

Last edited by MiniMouse; 09-20-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Closed Thread