Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-05-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
binzer
Zealot
binzer doesn't litterbinzer doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3
Bookhabit

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I didn't find it when i searched.

www.bookhabit.com

Anyways, it's basically an ebook site for undiscovered authors, and the prices are based on popularity. When a book is posted it sells for $2.50, and goes up from there based on sales.

It's a neat way to support new authors, although I'm sure there's some terrible material on there and the selection is woefully small, although it's impossible to tell how small their collection is because the website is so baffling.

If you click through the categories on the main site there will be almost no books. If you go to the competition site (here) there are more books, which are all different from the ones on the regular site. However, if you go to search, and search for "alchemist" (a book i knew was there from another site) you will get a hit, even though the only way to find the book is via the search (which is not so good considering these are all unknown authors).

So, as you can see, this site has a LOT of problems, but it's a neat idea, and uploading books there is free. Hopefully they fix things up and do alright with it.
binzer is offline   Reply With Quote