Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #31
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
I own a Pixel Qi Notion Ink and a moded acer 250 with a Pixel QI. While Pixel Qi is fantastic for working outdoor I found is not ideal for long time reading. I still use a pocket edge, a non color nook and an Alex.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #32
geckoFeet
Resident Reptile
geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.

Device: entourage edge
That's a common complaint about the Adam, that it's not so good for indoor reading. The PixelQi screen is supposed to be ok for that, at least if you turn on the backlight just a little bit. Presumably the problem is the overlay for the touch screen (plus the non-reflective plastic overlay on top of *that*. Same problem with the eDGe e-ink, though - the touchscreen overlay makes the background noticeably dimmer than that on a Kindle, even though the underlying screens are the same.
geckoFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #33
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
I thought a wacom sensor didn't use an overlay though...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #34
ken_jennings
eDGe User
ken_jennings has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage eDGe
Maybe if I duct-taped a Kindle to that Adam ink, or the Cruz. Or a Kindle taped to a Pixel Qi Notion Ink taped to a Galaxy tablet. Yeah, that's the ticket. The three may even still weigh less than a Kno.
ken_jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:54 PM   #35
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
I think, at the root of this discussion is the pervasive and nagging suspicion that somewhere, somebody has the ULTIMATE tablet solution but is waiting to see how much DREK we'll buy FIRST.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #36
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_of_the_PEs View Post
I think, at the root of this discussion is the pervasive and nagging suspicion that somewhere, somebody has the ULTIMATE tablet solution but is waiting to see how much DREK we'll buy FIRST.
Hah! I don't understand why companies won't give us the simple, electronic notebook (or notebook system) we need. I'm still convinced the EE has come closest to meeting that need.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #37
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie

I think it's because, in large companies these decisions are made by people who are usually the least qualified to make them, and if you don't think a committee can magnify the amount of STUPID contained within, you haven't fully experienced the corporate world.

... there was more to this rant, but I've learned that when the word "machine gun" creeps in, it's best to back up and end quietly...
Old 06-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #38
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
ROFL, Last_of!

Gecko, were you looking at the newest Kindle with the Pearl e-ink screen? My PE e-ink doesn't look any dimmer to me than my husband's so-last-year Kindle, which uses the same Vizplex (not Pearl) e-ink that's on the eDGe, I think. Actually, I just held them side by side and the PE looked brighter!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:00 PM   #39
geckoFeet
Resident Reptile
geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.

Device: entourage edge
Hi, Mrs Filark Bird - yeah, I was looking at a recent Kindle, and comparing under dim lighting, and the difference was pretty stark, at least to me; it was the difference between easy to read and, um, not easy to read. But my eyesight isn't very good (I first got bifocals in the 3rd grade, so I learned the joys of geekhood very early), and my wit can be dim as well, so your mileage may definitely vary. I didn't know about the difference between the Kindle screens.
geckoFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:02 AM   #40
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie

Fortunately, in dim light WE have the LCD screen! Ha! Compared to that, a kindle is like rubbing two sticks together. I mean, obviously apart from battery life...
Old 06-14-2011, 03:22 AM   #41
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I got glasses in the third grade too, but not bifocals. Does that make me half as geeky as you, or twice as geeky??

I used to take my glasses off and the teacher would make me put them back on. Which proves I had geekiness thrust upon me.

How did you come by your Geckoness, reptile sir?

What is this thread about? Oh yeah -- eDGe alternatives. I used to have a PDA, ereader and laptop which together functioned almost as well as my eDGe. Couldn't browse the internet in bed as I do now, though! On the other hand I still use my laptop for its larger screen and keyboard. And for Calibre.

I'd like a cellphone that morphs into a slim tablet and ereader booklet and then again into a sturdy laptop and back into a phone as needed. But that's just me . . . .
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:10 AM   #42
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie

I was so nearsighted I could focus on the inside of my eyelids. Too bad there wasn't anything written there. (sadly, the dog is nearsighted too)
Old 06-14-2011, 05:57 AM   #43
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
I'd like a cellphone that morphs into a slim tablet and ereader booklet and then again into a sturdy laptop and back into a phone as needed. But that's just me . . . .
WonderTwin power... (since someone brought up Underdog).
Old 06-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #44
inkyfantastic
inkyfantastic began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyenneDonna View Post
It looks like the Eee Note won't be released in the US based on this Facebook post http://www.facebook.com/asus.n.ameri...50331478897178
Although, the wording of the post leaves the idea of a different generation or model hanging.
Ugh, that is beyond lame!! I wonder why they decided not to release it here? Probably because it's not an ipad...
inkyfantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:59 PM   #45
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkyfantastic View Post
Ugh, that is beyond lame!! I wonder why they decided not to release it here? Probably because it's not an ipad...
It sounded as if they were working on another model, a colour one. So yes, maybe they felt a colour version could better complete with the iPad, for the wacom folks.

I have to say though, there's a poll running on tablet PC review "Would you buy this again?" and right now Yes is winning 15 - 2. The only regrets posted are not buying it sooner. So I think it's very much like the edge in that sense: the purchasers knew what they wanted, what they were getting (a wacom notebook that also happens to function as an ereader), and were pleased.