Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
Calibre start takes ages. Personal issue?

Starting Calibre takes ages (debug says 220.907000065)

Is this a problem in my custom settings (feed?) Or is it common.
And if it is personal (seems to be in a feed, utf8 setting)

how do I know on which file?
(I hope it's not on the (now common) metro nl feed)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	72732  
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
i don't know if this helps but my library of @1400 books opens in 18.2539999485.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Using the latest (public) version?
In that case it does help, it means it is a personal issue!
Thanks
Old 06-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Are you running with the Calibre metadata.db file on a network drive? That can slow thing down quite a bit, particularily with many NAS systems that are not that high performance.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
drMerry
Addict

It is on a nas. But everything is optimized in my network. I used to be around the same 18. I can life with around 30 but 220 is not nice to work with.

The problem started with this or the previous release, but in the same time, I did a lot of tweaking. The error tells there is something is on the feed.

But I do not see on which feed.
I did recognize I had trouble during an Internet-connection loss. So that does me even more think about the feed part.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's an error loading one of your custom feeds and it wont affect startup time.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #7
drMerry
Addict

so how can I get a detailed log of startup-items?
Old 06-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
By inserting print statements in the source code. See gui2/main.py and gui2/ui.py

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 06-13-2011 at 07:17 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:57 AM   #9
drMerry
Addict

i'll give it a try....
Thanks