Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Lines on the screen

So my new reader has lines running top to bottom on the screen... anyone have a fix for it? This is on all formats not just one and appears on text as well as the cover pictures. It was just much easier to see in a photo if the image took the whole screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20100430_25.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	777.9 KB
ID:	50831   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100430_22.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	50832   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100430_20.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	945.2 KB
ID:	50833   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100430_19.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	499.6 KB
ID:	50834   Click image for larger version

Name:	20100430_23.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	887.7 KB
ID:	50835  
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:55 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
So my new reader has lines running top to bottom on the screen... anyone have a fix for it?
The images that you showed look like you have a defect in the screen itself, so the only fix would be a new screen in that case.

EDIT:
Since the line is perfectly straight it is definitely not a crack screen, but more likely that an addressing connection to that pixel column has come loose.

Last edited by Dave_S; 05-01-2010 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Added a note that it is NOT a cracked screen
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

So I would have to send it back to astak again huhh?
Old 05-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
It looks like the line is in the same location in each photo. Probably a whole column of dead pixels. I had this happen to a 17" Samsung LCD TV and to a NEC LCD monitor. Neither could be fixed. Samsung replaced the screen under warranty but the monitor was simply replaced (2-3 months out of warranty).

No cure but a screen replacement, I think.
gastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:06 AM   #5
attapol
attapol began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ahh, I have the same problem.My PP has the horizontal white line.I am in Thailand and I bought it for 5 months ago.

Anyone know can I send it to claim?
attapol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #6
nimblem
Addict

Should be under warrenty if it has not been subjected to major damage. My paint was also pealing so I returned it under warrenty for the paint pealing...