Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-29-2013, 02:54 AM   #46
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
I think 52 will be my goal this year. I was going to make it a bit more than I read last year, but I want to read because it's fun, not because I set some high goal.

Last edited by Ginwen; 12-29-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #47
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Glad to contribute to the MobileRead community!

As for you keeping track, I can nudge you via PM every once in a while if you like. Maybe I'll start a "Needs a Monthly 'Update Your Thread' Reminder" thread and anyone who either wants a reminder or doesn't mind sending one can post their interest there.
I like it, or at least the concept. Though honestly, it's not so much a reminder as TIME. And if I get more than a couple of books behind, it becomes onerous. And then I don't do it, so I'm even more behind...
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #48
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
My goals are

One - to read 120 books
Two - to read more books from my calibre library then I add

Actually, forget two - I tried it before, it's just not possible
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #49
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Glad to contribute to the MobileRead community!

As for you keeping track, I can nudge you via PM every once in a while if you like. Maybe I'll start a "Needs a Monthly 'Update Your Thread' Reminder" thread and anyone who either wants a reminder or doesn't mind sending one can post their interest there.
This would be really helpful for me if you ever do it, Nyssa!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #50
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
70 books, 18,065 pages. But who's counting.

2014's challenge is actually to read as many authors from different countries as possible. The target list right now is 70 countries, but I might squeeze a few more in depending on how things are going.

My challenge thread over on GoodReads is here. I can't wait to start reading.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #51
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
my goal is to read approx 60 books but primarily ones from my freebie list as there are over 600 books on there GULP
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #52
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
I am most likely going to fail my pathetic goal of 30 books, so will try and nail it next year, 50/50 between fiction and non fiction. Back to reading now, and use tomorrow to mull about New Year reading resolutions
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #53
mcrow
Zealot
mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4/Kindle Fire HD/Kindle Fire HDX 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I am most likely going to fail my pathetic goal of 30 books, so will try and nail it next year, 50/50 between fiction and non fiction. Back to reading now, and use tomorrow to mull about New Year reading resolutions
I set mine at 30 but I plan on reading longer books this year so I'm not sure I'll make it either.
mcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #54
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrow View Post
Read 30 books, including all "Honorverse" books (minus the YA ones).
Even the Companion?

BTW, there's a new Honorverse book due in November...a Weber/Zahn collaboration. Just thought you should know.

Last edited by Rev. Bob; 12-30-2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: removed "plz move this post" note
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:41 AM   #55
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
For 2014 my only goal is to finish my 2013/2014 challenge to read a book publish in every year since I was born. I'm behind on that challenge but I should be able to make it, though I will be changing some books on the list.

My unofficial challenges are to try and finish a series that I haven't finished before starting a new one. This is a standing challenge and lately I've been doing really well.

Another unofficial challenge will be start reading those longer books that have been lingering in Calibre unread for way too long. Like Musashi, The First Man of Rome, Gai-Jin and A Dance with Dragons.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:06 AM   #56
Rosenivy
Nameless Being

As I only recently purchased my ereader, I think I'll make my reading challenge to read at least twenty ebooks, in an attempt to make a more dedicated switch!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:13 AM   #57
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrow View Post
I set mine at 30 but I plan on reading longer books this year so I'm not sure I'll make it either.
nice to see I am not alone
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:36 AM   #58
Tizzalicious
Connoisseur
Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tizzalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad 2, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenivy View Post
As I only recently purchased my ereader, I think I'll make my reading challenge to read at least twenty ebooks, in an attempt to make a more dedicated switch!
I like that one! I am sure you will prefer it soon enough!
Tizzalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #59
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Because the publishing industry defines an "avid reader" to be someone who buys 12 books per year, my goal will be to finish 12 books in 2014.
An "avid reader" buys 12 books a year? I bought less than 12 books per month only four times in 2013… and this month I bought 77!

Yes, I need to cut down. Next year, I'm sure I can do it… which is why my challenge for 2014 is to spend less than $40 on ebooks per month.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:02 AM   #60
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
An "avid reader" buys 12 books a year? I bought less than 12 books per month only four times in 2013… and this month I bought 77!

Yes, I need to cut down. Next year, I'm sure I can do it… which is why my challenge for 2014 is to spend less than $40 on ebooks per month.
It'll be okay! (((HUGS)))
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote