Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
mpercy725
mpercy725 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Kindle 3 v3.1 hacked, can't telnet

I am working with a Kindle 3 running v3.1. I used Yifan Lu's jailbreak successfully, followed by the usbnetwork hack .33. Both worked. I used the ;debugOn and ~usbNetwork commands. Connected to my Windows 7 x64 machine, set it up as a network adapter. I changed the IP addresses, and enabled shared connections to my computer. Ran ipconfig, everything looks right, and I can ping the Kindle no problem. But when I try to ssh or telnet it can't open the connection, any ideas why?

My end goal is to image the full file system of the Kindle and end up with the file on my local system.
mpercy725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:43 AM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious, but did you change the configuration for USBNet? You didn't exactly mention that in your post.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
image, kindle, ssh, telnet, usbnetwork