Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Considering ScanSnap purchase - how good is the version of Abbyy that comes with it?

The Fujitsu site says Abbyy Finereader for ScanSnap 4.0 comes with it. Anyone know which version of Abbyy Finereader that the ScanSnap 4.0 version is based on?

After reading some threads here, I'm very nearly convinced that the ScanSnap would be a nice way to go. I have quite a few books around that will probably be quite a while before they become ebooks. I was going to simply box up quite a few of them anyway and though I can't quite believe I'm saying it, I think I would be OK with cutting them up to scan. I have an All-in-One device with a flatbed scanner, but that seems like it would be painfully slow (Canon Pixma something).
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, any problems with Abbyy Finereader on Windows 7?
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
texasnightowl
Guru

Well, I found a review on C-Net that says the Abbyy version that comes with ScanSnap is based on Version 9...so now I'm just looking to see how 9 works with Win 7 (64 bit at that).