Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Fictionwise Micropay Sale - thru Sept. 30

The Micropay Sale: It's almost like Free Money!

Here's an incredible deal that is only available at Fictionwise: Buy Micropay dollars through September 30th and receive a 5% Micropay bonus (e.g., get $10.50 in Micropay for $10). Buywise members receive a 10% bonus ($11.00 in Micropay for each $10), in addition to all their other Buywise benefits. This sale is limited to $200 per member. You can buy Micropay dollars with a credit card or use a PayPal transfer. Join Buywise first before buying Micropay for even greater savings. Buywise is the hottest frequent buyer program in the industry -- check it out!
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:05 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
TRANSLATION:

Not a Member:
Recieve 5% additional micropay money for every $10.00 that you purchase. (You receive 50 cents.)

Already a Member:
Recieve 10% additional microplay money for every $10.00 that you purchase. (You receive $1.00 dollar.)

Remember:
1) Membership is free. (EDITED: Membership is NOT free; cost varies, depending on any given week how they choose to market their Membership.)
2) Offer ends Sept. 30th.
3) Sale is limited to $200 per member.

Remove all the hype, get the info, look at your finances, and then make your decision.

Jeeeeeezzzzz, ok. Ok. This really is another great deal from them. Read the original in a mentally bored voice and the rhetoric is palatable. Read it like a car salesman and go crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Sunday! Sunday!"

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-25-2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: I had an incorrect translation.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
GntlmnBndt
Zealot
GntlmnBndt doesn't litterGntlmnBndt doesn't litter

Device: iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Remember:
1) Membership is free.
Is that correct? I thought the Buywise membership did in fact cost money. It was one of the reasons I have stuck with the newsletter discounts on eReader, which are free (except for the enormous effort required to glance at and clear out two emails each week ). And the newsletter discounts were just revamped, by the way... No need to look for the latest code!

The Bandit
GntlmnBndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #4
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GntlmnBndt View Post
Is that correct? I thought the Buywise membership did in fact cost money. It was one of the reasons I have stuck with the newsletter discounts on eReader, which are free (except for the enormous effort required to glance at and clear out two emails each week ). And the newsletter discounts were just revamped, by the way... No need to look for the latest code!

The Bandit
You are correct. You can buy from the site and get newsletters, etc. without being a member of the Buywise club. But joining the Buywise club does cost $$$.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #5
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Buywise membership costs $30.

If you were fortunate enough to get in during the offer earlier this month, that $30 was refunded to you in the form of micropay.

Otherwise, it's still $30.

It's definitely an interesting offer. Though lately I've found when I need to fund my micropay account, I'll seek out one of the 100% rebate books that looks interesting. If I can get it in eReader format, I'll get an additional 5% micropay rebate on it, which means I get 105% of what I paid plus the free book.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2008, 03:37 PM   #6
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Does anyone know where to get the tool to liberate the ereader format?

And am I the only one that thinks this is a HORRIBLE sale? $1 per every $10?
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
You are correct. You can buy from the site and get newsletters, etc. without being a member of the Buywise club. But joining the Buywise club does cost $$$.
You're right, and I'm wrong.

The membership cost varies, but indeed it does cost money to become a memeber. For some reason, I was thinking -- befuddled me -- I conflating the joining of the site (free) with the membership (not free).

Sorry for the confusion.

I EDITED my comments.

Thanks.
Don
Old 09-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post

This sale is not all that good. If you have credit already, you cannot use it to get the discount. This in my opinion makes the sale Not as good as it sounds. I want to use my credit.

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-25-2008 at 04:05 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:50 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post

Actually, if you're already a Member, it actually does add more money to your Micropay account -- BUT ONLY if you spend regularly with them.

Really, Micropay is just a way to commit your money to them for more book purchases. If you do this on a regular basis - as I and many others here do - then it adds additional savings.

I was trying to poke fun at their rhetoric...their hype.

So...it's a good deal, if you already have decided that they have books you want to purchase.

Don
Old 09-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have about $72 in my Micropay account. They won't let me use any of it during this sale. I thought you could use your Micropay rebate as long as the book wasn't a 100% Micropay rebate.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 04:24 PM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have about $72 in my Micropay account. They won't let me use any of it during this sale. I thought you could use your Micropay rebate as long as the book wasn't a 100% Micropay rebate.

My understanding (based purely upon their ad), is that the added money is if you BUY more "money" (e.g. spend now by purchasing more Micropay "money").

I think you're right about using your current Micropay money. Using your current Micropay does not give you an additional 10%, if I correctly understand the ad.

Don
Old 09-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But the "sale" is on Micropay $'s. You can/could NEVER buy Micropay $s with micropay $s.

So, if you want to get the discount on a book, buy the micropay $, then buy a book with the micropay $.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 05:58 PM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
But the "sale" is on Micropay $'s. You can/could NEVER buy Micropay $s with micropay $s.

So, if you want to get the discount on a book, buy the micropay $, then buy a book with the micropay $.

BOb
Exactly, your second paragraph is the best way to do it.

My advice - if one has the expendable income and one wants to buy books from them, then do this:

First: Join and become a member. (I'm a member and I love it.)

Second: Buy as much Micropay money as you can afford.

Third: Buy your books. You'll get your normal 15% discount just for being a member.

I was already a member, and then I renewed my membership with about 8 months still left. This second membership was actually more than free. (All that info is on a different thread.) So now, I'll be a member for 20 months before my membership actually expires.

I've bought a huge number of books from them - over 100 - and I'm completely satisfied with their prompt replies (one book was defective), and with their courtesy.

But my god, I wish someone else would write their press releases.

Don
Old 09-25-2008, 07:03 PM   #14
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Note that even when micropay is not on sale, you can still get micropay at "better than free" rates if you buy a 100% micropay rebate in eReader format. You get 105% of your money in micropay, and the book. I think that might be a better deal than 110% micropay for straight dollars.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:17 PM   #15
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
I really really REALLY want to start buying ereader, but I can't find Mobipocket Tools to liberate it
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote