Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #1
8140david
Connoisseur
8140david began at the beginning.

Device: none
Display collections in alphabetical order on Kobo Aura

My Kobo Aura doesn't display my collections in alphabetical order.
Is there a way to force it doing so?

PS: If this were possible, I could devise special collections to appear on the second page of my collections, eg:
ZZ_Novels_AE, ZZ_Novels_FJ, ZZ_Novels_KO, ZZ_Novels_PT, ZZ_Novels_UZ
This way, I could have access to hundreds of novels divided into subgroups, while keeping on the first page of My collections on the Kobo Aura the collections that interest me most.
My Aura seems to display 9 collections per page, not more.
8140david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
There are 3 sorts
Collection name, date created, number of books.
Select sort and select collection name. If this doesn't work, select a different sort first, then do it again. Should be ok.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2014, 06:01 PM   #3
8140david
Connoisseur

There are no such options on my Kobo Aura when I look at My collections.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:08 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
This is a known issue with some recent f/w upgrades to the Kobo f/w. Does this thread help ? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=234942
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:10 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I have an Aura Hd

Right under My collections (upper leftish) has Sort: Collection Name.

Should be the same. If not maybe call Kobo?

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2014, 06:51 PM   #6
8140david
Connoisseur

Call Kobo is probably is a bad idea.

There is no option on the Kobo Aura.

But the thread indicated by PeterT helped -- thanks!

Could I change another parameter of Kobo eReader.conf to display more than 5 titles per page in a collection?
Old 04-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8140david View Post
Could I change another parameter of Kobo eReader.conf to display more than 5 titles per page in a collection?
Nope
Old 04-14-2014, 07:04 PM   #8
8140david
Connoisseur

Grrrrr...
Why the hell doesn't Kobo think about such things?
Old 04-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #9
8140david
Connoisseur

By the way, I changed some other parameters in Kobo eReader.conf, I don't remember which.
But now, when my Kobo Aura goes to sleep, it displays the cover of the last book I looked at, instead of the logo of Fnac (I bought the Kobo in France).
More precisely: on top, it says "Sleeping"; on bottom it writes "xx% read"; and in the middle it displays the cover of the book.
That's cool!

Last edited by 8140david; 04-14-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:21 PM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

You probably changed the Affiliate from FNAC to something else.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:28 AM   #11
Rosalene
Rosalene began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA HD
1. Connect Kobo Aura HD to computer
2. In Windows Explorer open KOBOeReader
3. Open .kobo
4. Open Kobo
5. With Notepad open Kobo eReader.conf
6. Under
LastLibrarySorter_books_filterByPreviews%28%29=sor tByNewest ()
Add a new line:
LastLibrarySorter_shelfList_=sortByShelfName ()
7. Close Notepad and Save.
8. Eject eReader. Power it off and on.

You will now find you can sort My collections by:
- Collection name
- Number of Books
- Date created

Good Luck
Rosalene

Last edited by Rosalene; 05-17-2014 at 03:45 AM.
Rosalene is offline   Reply With Quote