Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-29-2012, 02:31 AM   #1
Canorka
Connoisseur
Canorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Paragraph breaks when removing margins

Hey all.

I like to remove margin settings (in Look and Feel, Filter Style Information) in my epubs so that I know I'll be able to play around with them no matter what. I just realized that doing this adds a line between each paragraph, which I'm not a big fan of.

Does anyone know a way to get around this? I don't want to click the "remove breaks between paragraph" box as that usually messes up formatting somewhat...

Thanks!
Canorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The default style for a paragraph has space before and after it. To get no space, you actually need to set the top and bottom margins to zero.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 01:31 AM   #3
Canorka
Connoisseur
Canorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura about

Wow, that's counterintuitive.

Thanks though, figured it out!
Old 03-30-2012, 02:00 AM   #4
Canorka
Connoisseur

Actually, it's not perfect - by checking the 'insert line between paragraphs box' and using a 0.0 setting it removes the space between ALL 'paragraphs' in the book, not just paragraphs in actual text text. Kind of messes with the aesthetics of pre main text stuff.

Yeah, I'm being anal... I just wish there was a way to remove margins without it messing with paragraph spacing at all.