Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-02-2022, 11:40 AM   #1
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Smile A different style of guitar tuner app

I've got a guitar tuner app that's a bit of a concept. It shows all the strings on a phase plot. The speed that the numbers move is proportional to the ratio that the string is off (not the absolute frequency offset). A number whizzing around once a second is off by about 10 cents, i.e. 1/10 of a semitone. You can strum the open strings to get a quick check which string is off or you can pluck a single string to see more clearly. If you switch on "2nd" it will show you in red the 2X harmonic. You'll see that the fundamental and the harmonic are not in tune. For some strings the blue and red drift together. On my D string the 2nd partial is almost 10 cent sharp! (I'll see when I change my strings if this still holds). Switch on "440" to enable display of a 440 tuning fork (if you have one).

Yup, this is about an alpha app. There were no endangered woods used to create the display. There are no analytics or anything. Heck, it's only 20kB. Any comments, feedback or thoughts on inharmonicity are appreciated. Have fun.

Note: Currently this is only set up for guitar EADGBE tuning in 440 Hz.

The attached file is not actually a .zip, just rename it .apk
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tuner-1.0.zip (20.2 KB, 214 views)
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
guitar, tuner