Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #61
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post
Oftentimes how you say something is at least as important as what you say!

i've read many posts on this and other forums that could be valuable contributory posts but the language and tone used raised the ire of other members because of the disrespectfull nature of the post.

I think that it behoves us all (myself included) to remember that just because these forums are largely anonymous we should still try to communicate with each other with the same respect that we would if we were face to face.
This.

I find that many of EldRick's posts includes criticisms that make every little gripe seem like the end of the world, with a tone that seems like an outright attack on whatever product he is discussing. This leads to some people dropping the "troll" bomb, and others trying to viciously defend the subject product. However, I have seen several posts where EldRick offers very balanced, constructive criticism and helpful comments.

So, basically, I think it would benefit the forum greatly if EldRick and others would take a little more care in constructing their thoughts and respondents would take a short breather before responding to posts that they may consider inflammatory. That would allow all of us to help product developers and eReader users more effectively, and be helped ourselves.
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #62
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Among my background I was a Competitive Product Analyst for computer printers for a few years - I calls `em as I see `em. It's also true that I've always had issues around using too many adjectives...
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #63
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0AT View Post
This.

I find that many of EldRick's posts includes criticisms that make every little gripe seem like the end of the world, with a tone that seems like an outright attack on whatever product he is discussing. This leads to some people dropping the "troll" bomb, and others trying to viciously defend the subject product. However, I have seen several posts where EldRick offers very balanced, constructive criticism and helpful comments.

So, basically, I think it would benefit the forum greatly if EldRick and others would take a little more care in constructing their thoughts and respondents would take a short breather before responding to posts that they may consider inflammatory. That would allow all of us to help product developers and eReader users more effectively, and be helped ourselves.
Fair enough, point well made.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #64
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Some would call my comments feedback, and I'm pleased to see the Sameer took them that way. One can learn lots more from unhappy customers than from the uncritical.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #65
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Thank you all, this was a fun thread to read
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 01:04 AM   #66
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
As "charming" a read as this thread has been, I personally subscribe to the notion that most forum contributors would be better off if they always wrote as though they were speaking in person to someone at least a full head taller than themselves possessed of a short temper and a large reach... possibly in a back alley while suspended overhead by their ankles for some!

"I calls 'em like I sees 'em!" is an attitude far easier to back up with virtual anonymity, and is more likely due to exist with lowered inhibition on the net. Personally, I'm a little bored with internet and telephone tough guys who go farther online than they ever would discussing issues with a real life group of others with an interest in a similar item, or issue.

Sorry to those I've doubtlessly bored, but part of belonging to an artificial construct like society is observing social conventions. They need to apply to virtual societies like forums as well.

That said, whether working as a hardware engineer or a software developer, or both I've always found frank feedback to be helpful. As the owner or management of a company or the poor jerk trying to sell or market a product harsh public feedback can make you cringe, but ultimately it's beneficial. Honestly, if you did your job right you should see precious little of it.

When you've dropped the ball a thicker skin and a devotion to making it right are required. If nothing else we must all credit Kobo for continuing to support and improve existing products rather than taking the "we'll get it right on the next one" attitude and leaving existing purchasers to suffer.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote