Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #106
joekang101
joekang101 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3G
Still Don't Really Understand :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by inameiname View Post
My playlists seem to work just fine. Here is the thread with mine, which is a list of about 60 radio streams. Look at the command I use and see if yours differs. Although, I use Kinamp along with mplayer, which I recommend if you don't.:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=147854&page=2
My playlist.ini file basically looks likes this:

url
url
url
url

But only the first URL plays and the others do not play even if I press ^MN (next). I don't really know whether my problem is my command or if my playlist is formatted wrong. Any attempts to help would be much appreciated. THanks

playlist.zip
joekang101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #107
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserXYZ View Post
Hi all.

For my first post, I wanted to give my contribution to this subject, in a form of my modification of parts of this mplayer package.

I have modified control.sh script and mplayer.ini config file to control volume, using 5way "joystick" which I have on Kindle Keyboard.
Ofcourse, if you have another version all you need to do is change keyboard mappings.

Add this to mplayer.ini in launchpad's folder (/mnt/us/launchpad):

# volume
M FW_Up = !/mnt/us/mplayer/control.sh volup
M FW_Down = !/mnt/us/mplayer/control.sh voldn
M M = !/mnt/us/mplayer/control.sh mute

Modified control.sh is in the attachment - rename from control.sh.txt to control.sh and replace in /mnt/us/mplayer on your Kindle.

Works nice for me, albeit a bit clumbersome with UP and DOWN, but I felt it was the logical way and didn't want to mess with regular keys if they are used by something else.
That's nice. Do you think it would be possible to do this with Kinamp as well, as I prefer that (and its Mplayer) over just Mplayer?
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #108
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekang101 View Post
My playlist.ini file basically looks likes this:

url
url
url
url

But only the first URL plays and the others do not play even if I press ^MN (next). I don't really know whether my problem is my command or if my playlist is formatted wrong. Any attempts to help would be much appreciated. THanks

Attachment 80834

Well, I cannot really tell if your Launchpad shortcuts would work when all you have in your ini are several 'url's. Regardless, this is the format you should make them (although, I use Kinamp, so IDK how they would be via just MPlayer (maybe replace kinamp with mplayer):

Code:
[Actions]
K = !cd /mnt/us/music ; ../system/kinamp -loop 0 */*
K S = !cd /mnt/us/music ; ../system/kinamp -shuffle -loop 0 */*
K K = !cd /mnt/us/music ; ../system/kinamp -loop 0 *
K K S = !cd /mnt/us/music ; ../system/kinamp -shuffle -loop 0 *
K P = !cd /mnt/us/music ; ../system/kinamp -shuffle -loop 0 -playlist /mnt/us/launchpad/kinamp_streams_playlist.txt

; play streaming radio - http://www.sky.fm/salsa/ - Latin Salsa
K P A = !cd /mnt/us/music ; ../system/kinamp http://listen.sky.fm/public3/salsa.pls -quiet -framedrop -vo aa:reverse:contrast=50 -vf rotate=1 -monitoraspect 0.7  2>/dev/null
; play streaming radio - http://www.sky.fm/the80s/ - 80s Pop Rock Decades
K P B = !cd /mnt/us/music ; ../system/kinamp http://listen.sky.fm/public3/the80s.pls -quiet -framedrop -vo aa:reverse:contrast=50 -vf rotate=1 -monitoraspect 0.7  2>/dev/null
; play streaming radio - http://www.181.fm - Classic Hits  60's 70's
So just replace the urls I have above with yours and then change kinamp to mplayer (if you are using just mplayer), and it should work.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:48 AM   #109
minjhongomez
minjhongomez began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
. .

Last edited by minjhongomez; 01-22-2012 at 10:41 AM.
minjhongomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #110
minjhongomez
minjhongomez began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
How to play radio station with extension .stream or .m3u8? thanks

Last edited by minjhongomez; 01-25-2012 at 09:41 AM.
minjhongomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 02:58 AM   #111
inameiname
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by minjhongomez View Post
How to play radio station with extension .stream or .m3u8? thanks
I guess it is about putting them into a Launchpad shortcut in the same way that I did for the 50+ I mentioned above, and see if they will play.

Alternatively, if they can play in Mplayer, they should be able to play on the Kindle. So, if you happen to be using a Linux OS, you can try them out using the command in a terminal window.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #112
Kumquatq3
Kumquatq3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Having some problem running this (Jailbroken, Launchpad installed and ran some of its default scripts (shift shit shift, got a screen shot, etc), v. 3.3, k3g)

Installed mplayer from the files in this thread and now there is an mplayer directory on my Kindle.

1st) Forgive me ignorance: but are you supposed to hit, for instance, shift M A or just M A? Either way, nothings playing for me. EDIT: Yes, I have mp3 files in the music directory.

2nd) No mplayer.ini was created in my Launchpad directory. I imagine this is the problem, but I am not sure why this did not occur.

When I installed Launchpad (throught eh kindle update process), I only installed lpad-pkg-001c.zip, but not launchpad.tar.gz (as I wasn't sure how to install it).

Thoughts on what I need to do?

PS

Thanks for this program, seems great, its the main reason I started this process in the first place!

Last edited by Kumquatq3; 02-15-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Kumquatq3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #113
inameiname
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumquatq3 View Post
1st) Forgive me ignorance: but are you supposed to hit, for instance, shift M A or just M A? Either way, nothings playing for me. EDIT: Yes, I have mp3 files in the music directory.

2nd) No mplayer.ini was created in my Launchpad directory. I imagine this is the problem, but I am not sure why this did not occur.

When I installed Launchpad (throught eh kindle update process), I only installed lpad-pkg-001c.zip, but not launchpad.tar.gz (as I wasn't sure how to install it).
re: 1st) For any and all Launchpad shortcuts, you must first press "Shift".

re: 2nd) If you are missing a mplayer.ini (or any .ini file that has the commands you need) then this would be the problem.

To install Launchpad hack, all you needed to do was to install the .bin file as you would other hacks. Just be sure to have installed Jailbreak hack first; otherwise it wouldn't work. I believe the tar.gz file you are talking about is the source code. If that is the case, it is of no importance to you.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #114
Kumquatq3
Kumquatq3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the quick reply!

I am pretty sure I properly jailbroke the phone, as I wouldn't have been able to install and use any launchpad commands if I had not, correct? Is there some other way to test this?

Installing the .bin files could not have been easier (strike this sentence if I messed something up), and after installing I had the mplayer directory.

I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling and see what happens then.

Last edited by Kumquatq3; 02-17-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Kumquatq3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #115
Emrexcem
Turkish :)
Emrexcem began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch (5.03)
Hi
İs it going to work for kindle touch?
Emrexcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:17 AM   #116
inameiname
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumquatq3 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply!

I am pretty sure I properly jailbroke the phone, as I wouldn't have been able to install and use any launchpad commands if I had not, correct? Is there some other way to test this?

Installing the .bin files could not have been easier (strike this sentence if I messed something up), and after installing I had the mplayer directory.

I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling and see what happens then.
The obvious way to ensure the Jailbreak hack worked is if you were able to install the Launchpad hack. If the Jailbreak one had failed, the Launchpad hack would not have installed successfully. And additionally, if some Launchpad commands do work after Launchpad was installed, then its not Launchpad/Jailbreak that is the problem.

Oh, and after those two hacks were installed, and you put on the mplayer folder and ini that came with it, don't forget to either Shift Shift Space or restart the Kindle, to refresh things.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #117
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrexcem View Post
Hi
İs it going to work for kindle touch?
Yes, it works when you issue command via SSH. It would be nicer if we can get virtual keyboard act as physical keyboard. Take a look at this thread too.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 02-24-2012 at 01:53 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #118
Novo
Enthusiast
Novo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
I have the problem that music or stream is playing at the highest volume setting.
your compiled mplayer does not know "-volume=$VOL" to start the file at a specified volume level from the beginning.
Novo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #119
PavelKaza
PavelKaza began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 keyboard
Lightbulb Dont work mplayer on kindle 3 keyboard

Hi all
1: I install launchpad into I:/launchpad/ and here I put mplayer.ini
All shortkey work ready example shift/shift/space, shift/shift/c

2:I unzip file mplayer0.2.0 and copy into Kindle I:/mnt/us/mlpayer/all files.

2.1 I copy mplayer.ini into folder I:/launchpad

3: I have some MP3 and I copy into folder I:/mnt/us/mymusic/all/*.mp3

I restart launchpad shift/shift/space and after I use all shortkey mplayer
example shift L ,shift K, shift A and this function dont work.It dont show news fail down on display.

I dont know where I do fail. Can you help me ? I apologize for my bad english.
thank you for help Pavel
PavelKaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #120
PavelKaza
PavelKaza began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 keyboard
mplayer hmm

hi

I have progress.

Short key working = write success
I have to give mplayer into I:/mplayer
I have music in /mnt/us/music and it doest play..Why ?

Last edited by PavelKaza; 03-16-2012 at 05:34 PM.
PavelKaza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aac, mplayer, music, ogg, streaming