Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
Silu_Donerbar
Silu_Donerbar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
epub to mobi: Error

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my convertion from an epub that I created with Indesign to the mobi format.. The problem only happens when I put a TOC on the Indesign. If I dont do it, there isnt any problem.

What can I be doing wrong?, the TOC is recognised on the Adobe Digital, but when I convert in Calibre, it allways gives an error.

Thanks in advance..
Silu_Donerbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Indesign does a lot of things that aren't 'legal' per the epub spec. I'd recommend opening and saving the file in Sigil before manipulating it with Calibre. In the latest release Sigil added features which looks for all the bad stuff Indesign does and fixes it - although I don't know if handling an Indesign TOC was on that list. Once you've done that you can probably successfully convert using Calibre.

Edit: Sigil probably won't help you in the TOC department, most of the additions there were around embedded fonts:
http://sigildev.blogspot.com/

Last edited by ldolse; 12-16-2010 at 03:22 PM.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert