Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 10-06-2003, 06:47 PM   #1
holroy
holroy began at the beginning.

Device: Palm M105
Question How to make inline menus?

I'm a registered user of the 3.x version, and I just installed the 4.0b4 version. And now I'm wondering on how to produce those inline menus.

Does the isilox converter support them, and what markup is used to make a menu? Does anyone know how to make such a menu?

I know the sample document displays them, but is it possible to get the markup from that document?
Old 10-06-2003, 06:56 PM   #2
iSilo
Developer
iSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it is

You can find a link to the "iSilo Display Sample" HTML files on the support page at <http://www.iSilo.com/support/>.

Note that iSiloX/iSilo do not understand JavaScript. If you want selection of a menu item to cause a jump you need to set the value of the onchange attribute of the select element to "GoURLValue(this);". iSiloX scans for that exact string to determine that selection of an item should cause a jump. The value attribute of each enclosed option element gives the target URL for each item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holroy
I'm a registered user of the 3.x version, and I just installed the 4.0b4 version. And now I'm wondering on how to produce those inline menus.

Does the isilox converter support them, and what markup is used to make a menu? Does anyone know how to make such a menu?

I know the sample document displays them, but is it possible to get the markup from that document?
Advert
Old 10-06-2003, 07:12 PM   #3
holroy
holroy began at the beginning.

Device: Palm M105
Thanks a lot for the reference. I've been tumbling around the web site, but didn't go into the support area as I believed that only to be related to the 3.x version. But sure enough I found the 4.x sample document. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSilo
Note that iSiloX/iSilo do not understand JavaScript. If you want selection of a menu item to cause a jump you need to set the value of the onchange attribute of the select element to "GoURLValue(this);".
If I understand you correctly that does mean that I could leave out the entire javascript section, and using the given syntax of "GoURLValue(this);" would still work within iSilo?

(And on a side note: I could make the javascript code to be whatever code I want it to be? )
Old 10-06-2003, 07:18 PM   #4
iSilo
Developer
iSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it is

Yes, you can leave out the JavaScript code. But if you wanted your menu jumping capability to also work with browsers (that support JavaScript), such as IE and Netscape, then you would include the JavaScript code.

Yes, the JavaScript code could be whatever code you wanted it to be. iSiloX essentially ignores it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holroy
If I understand you correctly that does mean that I could leave out the entire javascript section, and using the given syntax of "GoURLValue(this);" would still work within iSilo?

(And on a side note: I could make the javascript code to be whatever code I want it to be? )
Old 12-01-2003, 11:33 PM   #5
RunningUtes
RunningUtes began at the beginning.

Device: Clie N760
I'm having trouble with the menus. Say that I want to jump to a location inside a web page. My page is titled "king.html" and contains anchors (<a name="whatever"></a>) of #1-5.

Is the correct code this:
<select onchange="GoURLValue(this);">
<option value="king.html#1" selected>Chapter I</option>
<option value="king.html#2">Chapter II</option>
<option value="king.html#3">Chapter III</option>
<option value="king.html#4">Chapter IV</option>
<option value="king.html#5">Chapter V</option>
</select>

Or this:
<select onchange="GoURLValue(this);">
<option value="#1" selected>Chapter I</option>
<option value="#2">Chapter II</option>
<option value="#3">Chapter III</option>
<option value="#4">Chapter IV</option>
<option value="#5">Chapter V</option>
</select>

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSilo
Yes, you can leave out the JavaScript code. But if you wanted your menu jumping capability to also work with browsers (that support JavaScript), such as IE and Netscape, then you would include the JavaScript code.

Yes, the JavaScript code could be whatever code you wanted it to be. iSiloX essentially ignores it.
Advert