Old 05-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #1426
thomasmorus
Connoisseur
thomasmorus began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Hello JIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasmorus View Post
Using Windows 7, newest FF dowloader as calibre plugin and latest calibre version: I try to update a book or add a new one, the FFD starts corrrectly then aks Me if I want to update/add the book. When I give the go ahaead to update the book Calibre starts with: "Update calibre for fanfictioon stories" Shows 0% und after some time calibre shows "no answer" and you have to crash calibre to use it again. Afterwards if you try to load the book again System says: No action reqired Book is current with Fan Fiction net even if its not. Also When I look o th eactuall data, It shows the bookfiles with todays date, but no update happend??

I tried different functions , different setting (Overwrite always, overwrite when newer, update always, Update only when newer and so on), No differenc!

Please help?

Thanks thoomas
ANy Methode used to update or get nee book --> same result:
For example: Get Book using URL:
Story Url One Per line --> Enter URL (Copy Past (FFN))
Hit OK
Shows: Fetching Metadat for Download
Shows: Starting 1 Fan Fiction down Load
Shows: FFDL found 1 good and 0
Shows: Proceed with Updating your library?
Hit Yes
Shows Update Calibre for FanFiction stories
Shows Updating Calibre for FanFiction stories...
after about 5 seconds
Shows Update Calibre for FanFiction stories (No response)
Nothing happens--> Manually stop Programm (Hitting red X)
Calibre Crash
Shows Book in Library --> But only Metadata file
No epub file available

However using the settings Output format TXT everything works (all differnt methods of updaing or adding new books with FFDL

Using all over formats (Mobi, htlm epub) System does as shown in txt and Calibre has to be crashed manually to continue!

Please Help

Thomas
Old 05-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #1427
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
@thomasmorus - I repeat:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
...please post a story URL that's giving you this problem.
FFDL supports 80+ sites which collectively have millions of stories. It's possible you've managed to find one, or a few stories that break FFDL in new and exciting ways. It's happened before, which is why I ask the problem reports always include story URL(s).
Quote:
You can get more debug output by running calibre from command line/command prompt as 'calibre-debug -g'. If you can copy/paste that here (or PM me), that will also help.
Without more information, all I have to give you are guesses. What you've told me suggests that FFDL finished downloading and hung trying to update the library, but I can't prove that without the debug output.

Guesses:
  1. Have you filled up your library disk?
  2. Have you created a large number of custom columns? (>5)
  3. Do you have a very large library? (>3000)
  4. Have you done extensive customize in the FFDL personal.ini config?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #1428
thomasmorus
Connoisseur

Thanks for Help

Quote:
@thomasmorus - I repeat:

FFDL supports 80+ sites which collectively have millions of stories. It's possible you've managed to find one, or a few stories that break FFDL in new and exciting ways. It's happened before, which is why I ask the problem reports always include story URL(s).

Without more information, all I have to give you are guesses. What you've told me suggests that FFDL finished downloading and hung trying to update the library, but I can't prove that without the debug output.

Guesses:
  1. Have you filled up your library disk?
  2. Have you created a large number of custom columns? (>5)
  3. Do you have a very large library? (>3000)
  4. Have you done extensive customize in the FFDL personal.ini config?
[*]Have you filled up your library disk?
Triied it with a dozend differt stories on fanfiction.net
Here is one example: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7981068/...ificus-Totalus[*]Have you filled up your library disk?
Nope, 350GB free, Every other feature on calibre incluing adding books works [*]Have you created a large number of custom columns? (>5)
NO, no cutomer tables [*]Do you have a very large library? (>3000)
split in differnt libaries (Fanfiction Libary has about 600[*]Have you done extensive customize in the FFDL personal.ini config?Yes
No costumizing of personal.ini

THanks
Thomas
Old 05-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #1429
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That story worked fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasmorus View Post
Have you done extensive customize in the FFDL personal.ini config?Yes
No costumizing of personal.ini
So is it yes or is it no?

If yes, if you send me a copy of your personal.ini (remove any passwords), that may help.

Other than that, I cannot help you anymore until you run calibre in debug and send me the debug output as I've previously suggested.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #1430
njd09
njd09 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Hi, I was just wondering if there was any way to make FFDL recognize font colors when downloading. For instance, this chapter of a story (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/1014...-meat-is-magic) has yellow text in it, and when I download the EPUB from the site directly (http://www.fimfiction.net/download_e...p?story=101408), the yellow text stays. When I use FFDL to download it, the yellow text loses its formatting/color and becomes normal text. I looked through the settings and personal.ini options but couldn't find anything regarding font colors; is there a setting for this that I'm missing?
Old 05-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #1431
njd09

EDIT: Sorry, somehow this got double posted.

Last edited by njd09; 05-26-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #1432
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by njd09 View Post
Hi, I was just wondering if there was any way to make FFDL recognize font colors when downloading. For instance, this chapter of a story (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/1014...-meat-is-magic) has yellow text in it, and when I download the EPUB from the site directly (http://www.fimfiction.net/download_e...p?story=101408), the yellow text stays. When I use FFDL to download it, the yellow text loses its formatting/color and becomes normal text. I looked through the settings and personal.ini options but couldn't find anything regarding font colors; is there a setting for this that I'm missing?
Actually, there is a new feature to do that. I haven't released it yet because I was waiting for a response from the original requester and then forgot about it. See this post to get the test version and what param to set.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #1433
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.25 - 26 May 2013
Add keep_style_attr option.
Add [teststory] feature.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #1434
doudda
Enthusiast
doudda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi, me again

Is there anyway I can get the "Read Count" or "Reviews" from grangerenchanted.com and dramione.org?

Thanks again for your work and attention.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #1435
thomasmorus
Connoisseur

Quote:
That story worked fine for me.

So is it yes or is it no?

If yes, if you send me a copy of your personal.ini (remove any passwords), that may help.

Other than that, I cannot help you anymore until you run calibre in debug and send me the debug output as I've previously suggested.
I performed No costomizing in the FFDL
Old 05-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #1436
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudda View Post
Is there anyway I can get the "Read Count" or "Reviews" from grangerenchanted.com and dramione.org?
The attached test version adds site-specific metadata for 'read' and 'reviews' for grangerenchanted.com and dramione.org. Be default, site-specific metadata doesn't go anywhere. You'll need to add them to the title page or populate in custom columns from personal.ini.

UPDATE Jun 5, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 06-05-2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 05-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #1437
doudda
Enthusiast

Thank you so much.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #1438
njd09

Quote:
Actually, there is a new feature to do that. I haven't released it yet because I was waiting for a response from the original requester and then forgot about it. See this post to get the test version and what param to set.
Just downloaded it and tried it out, works perfectly! Thanks so much for the help and for making such a useful plugin!
Old 05-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #1439
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by njd09 View Post
Just downloaded it and tried it out, works perfectly! Thanks so much for the help and for making such a useful plugin!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #1440
doudda
Enthusiast

Hi! I've finally reached a point in my fanfic update to use the Anthology feature.
But every time I use a series url (ex:http://archiveofourown.org/series/2904 ) I get a ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 79 55.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\proceed.py", line 118, in do_ask_question
  File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_plugin", line 1210, in do_download_merge_update
  File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_plugin", line 1025, in update_books_loop
  File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.ffdl_plugin", line 1401, in update_metadata
  File "site-packages\calibre\library\custom_columns.py", line 512, in set_custom
  File "site-packages\calibre\library\custom_columns.py", line 531, in _set_custom
  File "site-packages\calibre\library\custom_columns.py", line 175, in adapt_number
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): 79 55
The anthology seems fine, with all stories, but I haven't had the time to check everything.
Is this something I should worry about? Or is it something to do with metadata and custom columns?

Thanks again for your work and attention.
Closed Thread