Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #35416
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Through the snow to the 2nd hand book shop....got 200 euro for my old books....not bad at all. All my detectives gone, even Margery Allingham's, Dorothy Sayers and the complet Ngaio Marsh, Agatha Christie, Nicolas Freeling and what-not.
I have most of them on my ereader now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I bet you felt just a teeny wrench in letting them go? Still. 200 euros is 200 euros...
I agree on both counts.

I'm not sure how far a euro goes where you are.

But I know I can buy quite a few new ebooks with $260.00+
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #35417
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
She is looking to buy an iPad Mini and the money is going to that.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #35418
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
She is looking to buy an iPad Mini and the money is going to that.
Yes, there's that: 200 euro + 150 from my birthday. I need 185 euro to get to the price of 535 euro for mini+64 gb. And I'll wait till the next one comes, so I'm eying my bookcase what to sell next.....

Yes, I'll miss my books just a tiny bit, especially Dorothy Sayers and The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant and the series of Duncton Wood. But somehow my bookcases have shaken themselves and presto........all the shelves are filled up again somehow. how can that be......
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #35419
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
.... The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant ..........
I just learned these are now available as ebooks! woo-hoo!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #35420
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Talking about tablets, I'm still considering buying a Nexus 7 32gb. It now seems readily available. I'm not sure if I rather want a bigger tablet. My father's got a Asus TF300 and although I like the size when using it, my arms and wrists do not. I like the idea of a smaller, lighter and thus more portable tablet.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #35421
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I love my Kindle Fire more than I love my Xoom (oooh! did I really say that!) mostly for the size/weight reason even though I prefer reading on the Xoom. The Fire is my constant companion, the Xoom not.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #35422
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Talking about tablets, I'm still considering buying a Nexus 7 32gb. It now seems readily available. I'm not sure if I rather want a bigger tablet. My father's got a Asus TF300 and although I like the size when using it, my arms and wrists do not. I like the idea of a smaller, lighter and thus more portable tablet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I love my Kindle Fire more than I love my Xoom (oooh! did I really say that!) mostly for the size/weight reason even though I prefer reading on the Xoom. The Fire is my constant companion, the Xoom not.
I was just about to say the same thing. I find my KF much more user-friendly than my wife's iPad, which is too heavy/unwieldy and won't fit in a coat pocket like my KF does. The only thing the iPad does win over on is surfing the 'net, IMO, as the screen is just more readable because of its size, though the zoom feature on the KF (and iPad, of course) soon gets past that problem.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #35423
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
...WT Sharpe - I like that frame on Florence's art; leather right?...
Right. I didn't realize that until after I got it back. The samples were hanging on a rack on the wall, and I assumed it was just very pretty wood, but it's actually wood & leather. Wasn't cheap, but when you're shopping for something you'll be seeing for years, it pays to get something you like. Especially if your significant other is footing the bill!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #35424
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Perhaps you might know... If I cross the path of a black cat, does the cat have good luck?

Stitchawl
Not sure about *that*, but I'm told it's a Reeally Bad Idea to cross the streams. Just sayin'.

[ I imagine it says something about my age, that THAT quote still immediately comes to mind.]
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #35425
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'm installing Windows 8 on my old HP. I hope I don't regret doing this. The machine has been running Vista from the day it came home from the store. The only problems I ever encountered with Vista was within the first couple of weeks of buying it, but the geeks at Best Buy worked some kind of magic on it and it's been running fine ever since. I probably shouldn't try to fix what isn't broke, but it's too late to turn back now.

WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #35426
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'm installing Windows 8 on my old HP. I hope I don't regret doing this. The machine has been running Vista from the day it came home from the store. The only problems I ever encountered with Vista was within the first couple of weeks of buying it, but the geeks at Best Buy worked some kind of magic on it and it's been running fine ever since. I probably shouldn't try to fix what isn't broke, but it's too late to turn back now.

I'll be interested to hear what you have to say about Win8. I'm still running XP, although I've re-installed it several times since I first put the machine together. I've been toying with the idea of changing to Windows 7, which I put on my laptop and haven't yet understood...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #35427
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

Good Luck!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #35428
kennyc

I just re-watched American Masters - Margaret Mitchell. Wonderful bio!

I'm also wondering if Stitchawl ever sleeps????

Last edited by kennyc; 01-15-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #35429
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Right now I'm baking corn bread and assembling a new PC.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #35430
kennyc

Hey! I made cornbread earlier! We're Twins!

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?