Notices

Old 10-05-2007, 09:47 PM   #1
tidixon
Enthusiast
tidixon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
clock?

Hi,
I just bought a PRS-505 and have learned a lot from this forum. I have a quick question though: is there a clock? It just occurred to me after setting the date and time on my reader that the reader doesn't actually have a clock anywhere..., what's the deal with this? Is there an option to have a clock in the corner that I'm just not seeing...
tidixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:55 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidixon View Post
Hi,
I just bought a PRS-505 and have learned a lot from this forum. I have a quick question though: is there a clock? It just occurred to me after setting the date and time on my reader that the reader doesn't actually have a clock anywhere..., what's the deal with this? Is there an option to have a clock in the corner that I'm just not seeing...
I could not find such an option when I had a look at the SonyStyle store. What I think we may have to do is wait for hacks to be made for it to do stuff like a clock.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2007, 08:46 AM   #3
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
The Reader does keep track of time internally for a variety of housekeeping tasks (e.g. time stamping bookmarks) which why it needs to have the time set.

There are hacks available for the PRS500 that will display the time on the screen, but nothing for the 505 yet.

Regards,
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
cottonball
cottonball began at the beginning.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-505
While you can't see the date/time in the corner, on the 505 you can see 'em by selecting "Settings" from the root menu. The Settings menu will then include the date/time next to the "Date and Time" selection. This doesn't seem to work on the 500, though.
cottonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:14 PM   #5
mcramer
Kiwi reader
mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonball View Post
While you can't see the date/time in the corner, on the 505 you can see 'em by selecting "Settings" from the root menu. The Settings menu will then include the date/time next to the "Date and Time" selection. This doesn't seem to work on the 500, though.
or look at your watch
mcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2007, 09:48 PM   #6
tidixon
Enthusiast
tidixon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcramer View Post
or look at your watch
only if it is one of these http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/31/e...veaway-winner/
tidixon is offline   Reply With Quote