Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-21-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Recent (not classic) ebooks/sites for the jetBook

Since the jetBook doesn't support DRM, we have more limited choices. So I thought I might post some of the ebooks/sites I have found and see what everyone else has found as well.

One of the places I like is Smashwords for new authors. Several I have found on Amazon also have their books available on Smashwords. I really enjoyed the following:
"Soul Identity" and "Soul Intent" by Dennis Batchelder (techno thrillers, reincarnation theme)
Any other book recommendations from Smashwords?

I have also purchased a bunch of inexpensive Steve Jordan books from http://www.stevejordanbooks.com/novels.htm . The ones I have read so far include (science fiction/speculative future):
Evoguia - (speculative future) I thought this one was very good.
Sol - (SciFi space adventure) This one was my favorite so far.
World Farm 1 - (speculative future) I thought this one was ok... didn't grab my interest as much.

I read all 3 of the Delver Magic series (fantasy) by Jeff Inlo and I thought all three were great. They were all free to download in several formats.
http://www.sitelane.com/ebooks/delvermagic1/index.htm

Anyone else have some to add?
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One place you can go for DRM free eBooks is MobileRead. There are eBooks here that are of a more recent nature other than just classics.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:50 PM   #3
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
Since the jetBook doesn't support DRM, we have more limited choices. So I thought I might post some of the ebooks/sites I have found and see what everyone else has found as well.

One of the places I like is Smashwords for new authors. Several I have found on Amazon also have their books available on Smashwords. I really enjoyed the following:
"Soul Identity" and "Soul Intent" by Dennis Batchelder (techno thrillers, reincarnation theme)
Any other book recommendations from Smashwords?

I have also purchased a bunch of inexpensive Steve Jordan books from http://www.stevejordanbooks.com/novels.htm . The ones I have read so far include (science fiction/speculative future):
Evoguia - (speculative future) I thought this one was very good.
Sol - (SciFi space adventure) This one was my favorite so far.
World Farm 1 - (speculative future) I thought this one was ok... didn't grab my interest as much.

I read all 3 of the Delver Magic series (fantasy) by Jeff Inlo and I thought all three were great. They were all free to download in several formats.
http://www.sitelane.com/ebooks/delvermagic1/index.htm

Anyone else have some to add?
FBREADER.ORG website has a good sites collection:
http://www.fbreader.org/ebooklinks.php
I downloaded many books from these websites
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:07 AM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
If you like Science Fiction and Fantasy, be sure to check out Baen's Free Library and their e-book sales at Webscription.net. All are DRM-free.

Other free sites include Feedbooks, ManyBooks, and Munsey's.

Fictionwise offers some books in DRM-free versions. Set your selection criteria to "multiformat".
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #5
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Remember that fictionwise has quite a few novels with out any DRM included.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote