Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #35401
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Would a Mod please remove one karma point from my total, please. Call me superstitious but I don't like seeing those last three numbers...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:55 AM   #35402
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It's snowing!
Not very hard, but there's a nice layer of snow (for Dutch standards). I was awake at 5.30am this morning, I always have that the first night in a strange place. The supermarket opens in 10 minutes so I'm going to slip and slide my way over there for fresh bread and croissants. Yum!
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:09 AM   #35403
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
That sounds yummy. I hope you are enjoying your vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Just started thinking about my relocation beginning April by visiting IKEA and making a huge shopping list
Where are you relocating to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Would a Mod please remove one karma point from my total, please. Call me superstitious but I don't like seeing those last three numbers...

Stitchawl
You didn't say what the last three numbers were. We don't remove karma, but a K bump will at least get rid of whatever the number was.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:19 AM   #35404
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
You didn't say what the last three numbers were. We don't remove karma, but a K bump will at least get rid of whatever the number was.
Thanks, Dreams. Red_Phoenix added on a few points already which is why you didn't understand. Before he added them, the last three numbers were 666, and I didn't want to ride my motorcycle while wearing the number of the Devil. Generally I'm not that superstitious, but something about seeing it there gave me the willies.... I figured if a Mod could remove a point, it would solve the problem. Red Phoenix added a few points and solved it that way. But I appreciate you help!

Stitchawl
Old 01-15-2013, 06:09 AM   #35405
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Not superstitious eh? We'll see about that!

Mmmmmmmmhaha!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #35406
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Thanks, Dreams. Red_Phoenix added on a few points already which is why you didn't understand. Before he added them, the last three numbers were 666, and I didn't want to ride my motorcycle while wearing the number of the Devil. Generally I'm not that superstitious, but something about seeing it there gave me the willies.... I figured if a Mod could remove a point, it would solve the problem. Red Phoenix added a few points and solved it that way. But I appreciate you help!

Stitchawl
Interestingly, you seem to have gone from an even number, 666, to an odd number, 255, which I didn't think was possible....
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #35407
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The ways of karma are mysterious.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:48 AM   #35408
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Interestingly, you seem to have gone from an even number, 666, to an odd number, 255, which I didn't think was possible....
It happens occasionally. No-one really knows why.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #35409
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It happens occasionally. No-one really knows why.
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ostcount=35407
Old 01-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #35410
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Not superstitious eh? We'll see about that!

Mmmmmmmmhaha!
No, no... You mis-read. I wrote;
"Generally I'm not that superstitious," See the 'that'? That's important. And I was touching wood when I said it. With my fingers crossed. The same ones I used to brush the salt off my shoulder when I spilled some just before 'cuz I was clearing the negative energy off of my crystals in salt. Doesn't everybody do that? That's not being too superstitious, is it? It's just being careful, right? How come I no longer have a reflection in the mirror?

Stitchawl
Old 01-15-2013, 07:09 AM   #35411
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
No, no... You mis-read. I wrote;
"Generally I'm not that superstitious," See the 'that'? That's important. And I was touching wood when I said it. With my fingers crossed. The same ones I used to brush the salt off my shoulder when I spilled some just before 'cuz I was clearing the negative energy off of my crystals in salt. Doesn't everybody do that? That's not being too superstitious, is it? It's just being careful, right? How come I no longer have a reflection in the mirror?

Stitchawl
The reflection is not as bad as if you accidentally dropped the mirror (!) then you'd be in big trouble!! Oh and please keep that unmbrella closed while indoors. Watch out for the ladder..its a bad idea to walk under it that way. Wait!?! Was that a black cat that just walked by??
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #35412
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
The reflection is not as bad as if you accidentally dropped the mirror (!) then you'd be in big trouble!!
That's why we use polished metal mirrors. We won't take chances.

Quote:
Oh and please keep that unmbrella closed while indoors. Watch out for the ladder..its a bad idea to walk under it that way. Wait!?! Was that a black cat that just walked by??
Perhaps you might know... If I cross the path of a black cat, does the cat have good luck?

Stitchawl
Old 01-15-2013, 07:43 AM   #35413
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Through the snow to the 2nd hand book shop....got 200 euro for my old books....not bad at all. All my detectives gone, even Margery Allingham's, Dorothy Sayers and the complet Ngaio Marsh, Agatha Christie, Nicolas Freeling and what-not.
I have most of them on my ereader now.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #35414
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
That's why we use polished metal mirrors. We won't take chances.

Perhaps you might know... If I cross the path of a black cat, does the cat have good luck?

Stitchawl
Ah.. Good deal on the mirrors. As to the cat, they already have 9 lives which they fuel by stealing babies' breaths so I think you should beware, just in case.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #35415
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Through the snow to the 2nd hand book shop....got 200 euro for my old books....not bad at all. All my detectives gone, even Margery Allingham's, Dorothy Sayers and the complet Ngaio Marsh, Agatha Christie, Nicolas Freeling and what-not.
I have most of them on my ereader now.
I bet you felt just a teeny wrench in letting them go? Still. 200 euros is 200 euros...

Eating popcorn right now .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?