Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
hpjrt
Connoisseur
hpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watch

Device: kobo
Future Shop Canada ... PRS-650 for $219!

I went to the Future Shop in Brantford this morning to get a PRS-650 for my step-daughter for Xmas. When I had checked online, the flyer said that the PRS-650 was on sale for $229 ... but when I got there, it was actually $219! Yay!

The lighted covers are also on sale ... for about $34 I think.

I was delighted with the savings. That's the cheapest I've seen around here.

Of course, I have another step-daughter in Australia ... so what we saved in the price of the Canadian PRS-650 will be eaten up by how much more the unit will be in Australian dollars ...

Still ... it's a great deal ... so if anyone out there is looking to buy one ... check out Future Shop!

Mary
hpjrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:05 AM   #2
Soul_Est
Gadgetic Young Man
Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BlackBerry Z30, Sony PRS-650, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Unfortunately, I found this out AFTER buying my new PRS-650 the night before at the Sony Style store! I wasn't too happy about it but you you think about it $229.99 is still a pretty good price. The price of the cover got to me though.

Go FutureShop!
Soul_Est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
hpjrt
Connoisseur
hpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watch

Does Sony Style have a "price guarantee" policy? I know that after purchase at Future Shop, if I see the same thing for less somewhere else, they will not only match the lower price ... but refund an additional 10% as well.

Perhaps you could check with Sony Style to see if they do the same thing?

However, I got my husband's at full price ... I got mine at $229 [at Walmart] ... and I got this one for my step-daughter at $219. It would have been nice to get all three at the $219 price ... but we've been so pleased with our ereaders that I really don't mind having paid so much more for my husband's.

The covers are WAY too expensive ... but that said, I really like it.

Mary
Old 11-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #4
Soul_Est
Gadgetic Young Man
Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BlackBerry Z30, Sony PRS-650, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Not sure about the price matching yet.

The unfortunate thing is I live too far from the nearest Sony Style store to make the $30.00 ($239.99 vs $269.99) endeavour feasible (whatever I save gets absorbed by the cost of travel and nourishment). I'll just chalk this one up as jumping the gun and and make sure that I gon't do such things again.

The covers ARE way too expensive. Ah well, I already use this Reader a lot than my phone (Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 running Android 2.1 and FBReader). Considering that this was my birthday and Christmas present rolled into one, I think Santa has been very good to me this year considering that I've been such a good boy.

Currently using it as my electronic newspaper and loving the fact that the news calibre pushes to the device ends up the periodicals section.

What colours did you get your Readers in? Mine is black with the black cover.
Soul_Est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
hpjrt
Connoisseur

Both my husband and I have black readers ... and my husband's cover is black ... mine is red. Originally I really wanted the red reader ... but when Walmart had them on sale, they only had the black model.

Yesterday at Future Shop, I could have got my step-daughter the red one ... but I've found that I really like the black one ... so that's the one I got her as well. I'm letting her get her own cover for it.

Mary
Old 11-27-2010, 10:44 PM   #6
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Mine:Kindle 3(wifi)Sony PRS-300(died)His: Sony Prs-300
they are also 219 at London Drugs on the West Coast I'm picking up one on Monday

Last edited by terraskye; 11-28-2010 at 12:36 PM. Reason: fixed price info
terraskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
brijazz
brijazz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650
A/C adapter and cases also on sale

Future Shop also has the standard cases (without the light) on for $19.99. The A/C adapter is also on sale for $19.99.

Remember, Best Buy will price match and give you 10% of the difference on top. Not a huge savings, but convenient if you're closer to a Best Buy than a Future Shop!

Last edited by brijazz; 11-28-2010 at 11:44 AM.
brijazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:16 PM   #8
hpjrt
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijazz View Post
Future Shop also has the standard cases (without the light) on for $19.99. The A/C adapter is also on sale for $19.99.

Remember, Best Buy will price match and give you 10% of the difference on top. Not a huge savings, but convenient if you're closer to a Best Buy than a Future Shop!
That's what I read in the flyer ... but when I got to my local Future Shop, they didn't have the cases on sale at all. If I'd been smart, I'd have taken a printout of the flyer ... but I wasn't so I might do that and wander back next week to pick up a case for my step-daughter.

Mary
Old 11-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
brijazz
brijazz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650
We just went straight into Best Buy, with the Future Shop flyer in-hand. We got the price match without so much as a blink from the salesperson. Might be the route to go if your local FS is sold out.
brijazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #10
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
Quote:
Originally Posted by brijazz View Post
We just went straight into Best Buy, with the Future Shop flyer in-hand. We got the price match without so much as a blink from the salesperson. Might be the route to go if your local FS is sold out.
they are owned by the same people so it makes sense to not have to worry about getting price matched.
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote