Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Spring Design Alex just got a firmware update

crossposted from The Digital Reader

Spring Design is pushing out a firmware update for the Alex. It's not available on their website; you have to wait for your Alex to check for for it. I'm told it checks once a day.

I've just heard back from Spring Design with the details. Here is what they told me:
  • updated the user manual and replaced the PDF with Epub (it nowhas all the Epub reading features like font sizes)
  • the Alex now automatically shows up as a USB drive (like other Android devices, it had to be manually mounted before)
  • repartitioned the internal memory to support the upcoming Android 1.6 OS (coming later this month)
  • fixed a System Hang bug
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I got a second email from Spring Design:
Quote:
We resolved many bugs at this update. Some big updates are listed as follows:
1. Fixed the system hang bug.
2. Enabled to transfer DRM books from Adobe Digital Edition (PC) to Alex.
3. Enabled Font size for PDF books.
4. Revised User Manual to use ePub format,which is good for reading.
5. Removed Dictionary temporarily because of system space is not enough and will put it back in next Android 1.6 update.
BTW, the first was from the VP of marketing. The second was from someone on the development team.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
AFA72
AFA72 began at the beginning.

Device: IPod Touch
Alex Response

I also received quick responses from the team and was impressed by that. Due to my academic pdf use I am only interested in a system like this with a landscape capability. They have indicated that this capability will be available later this year. I won't consider a purchase, although I like the system until they add the landscape capability.
AFA72 is offline   Reply With Quote