Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #16
Spoon Man
Groupie
Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 1
I used to work at a particularly affluent daycare and I've developed a fair amount of disdain for those parents.

When a child comes to you and asks you if you "Did the dirty with Ms. So-and-so last night", the parents have a problem.
When a child can dirty dance better than a stripper, the parents are a problem.
When a child threatens their parents with calling Child Protective Services because the parents denied the child's request for Chik-fil-a, THAT CHILD NEEDS A BLOODY SPANKING!
And if a normal day for your child consists of a round of time out every 2-3hours at school or home, maybe time out isn't working and you need to DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

Oh, and a retarded number of parents who walk in with their cell phones attached to their ears, don't speak to their child, walk out and hand their child off to the nanny, and then get in the car and go to dinner. On a regular basis, need help.
Spoon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:10 AM   #17
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I think those same parents were my customers at Walgreens pharmacy! Mean as it sounds, the very richest and the very poorest people were always the rudest. The people complaining about having to pay $1 for their prescription, yet buying a cart full of Pepsis, Doritos, and hair magazines always made my blood pressure rise a little.

Where I work now though, people sometimes let their kids run everywhere. Once this husband and wife went outside to smoke cigarettes and their small son came out of the room and started screaming for them. I didn't know who his parents were, since it was the middle of the night and I wasn't standing at attention at the desk and I hadn't seen them go outside. He didn't know his last name so I was about ready to just call base security but then the parents came inside. What if their kid had gone outside and run into the street or something? People have no common sense sometimes.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #18
Spoon Man
Groupie
Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 1
I've come to the conclusion that people who do not read for pleasure on a regular basis just generally suck.
Spoon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #19
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon Man View Post
I've come to the conclusion that people who do not read for pleasure on a regular basis just generally suck.
I don't know what people who don't read even do.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #20
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
that's always been a mystery to me as well. I can't help but think that the curiosity, adventure, and so many other things that readers have satisfied in books these folks satisfy by doing rather mean and wicked things.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #21
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
We had a salesman who had the ability to sit motionless for hours! No reading. No talking. Just sat and stared in front of him. Scary. Think he just put his brain on Idle or Park.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #22
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
After reading these I just have to say I'm so very, very glad to be a computer geek. Most of my stories end up as more funny than scary and deal with people messing up their computers or having unrealistic expectations of programs.

I have no patience for morons so if I couldn't do this I'd go be a goat herder somewhere
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #23
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
We had a salesman who had the ability to sit motionless for hours! No reading. No talking. Just sat and stared in front of him. Scary. Think he just put his brain on Idle or Park.
A salesman who doesn't talk for hours?

I don't believe it!

You're joshin'.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #24
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
A salesman who doesn't talk for hours?

I don't believe it!

You're joshin'.
No joke! Of course we fired him. Not successful - wonder why?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote